Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny given Reid was bigging him up only a few weeks ago. Video makes it seem like Reid is hurt by the fact Ross doesn't want to stay and thus is having a rant about it, which is absolutely fine but he wouldn't be saying this stuff if he had signed a new contract.

I haven't seen that mate, Can you link it

I wonder how many people who are advocating selling Ross, (as though we're going to be better off without him, because they want to see sigurdson / any new player to keep things interesting, like buying a new t-shirt until it loses its significance and then you want to buy another) would change their minds at the shock of one of the top 6 coming in to buy him?

Say City / Spurs / Arsenal / Liverpool (dare i say it) all became interested / made bids. I think everybody would sh?t themselves and all of a sudden start realising what a really good player we have with great potential.

I don't get the hatred for him. He's always been unappreciated & a scape goat.

He's an Evertonian. He puts in a solid performance. Has great potential. Yet most people want to sell him because they get bored too easily.

We are going to lose him on the cheap and it's going to bite us in the arse. Part of the blame goes to Bill for leeching the club for so long, but a share also goes to the fans. Just because he hasn't lived up to the astronomical expectations doesn't mean he deserved the abuse the fans have given him. He hasn't gone out and attacked the club. He has always been respectful and has kept his mouth shut. He isn't the reason the club has been stuck in this almost top 4 hell for so long. The fans that have hounded him for years should be ashamed of themselves. Whether you like Barkley or not, there was no need for the treatment he has received as one of our own. I hope he moves on to greener pastures and makes a name for himself.

Utter rubbish

Reidy is talking from the heart, He obviously doesn't get the hype like some of us on here
Let's look at it objectively I know you have a low opinion of Ross & are looking for bites but will humour you I like to spend time conversing with all types.

Reid has been told Ross wants to leave he loves Everton how is he going to react.

Hypotheticallly speaking It's like his son in law saying he doesn't love his daughter how would he react however if his daughter treated his son badly he would have a different reaction.

We don't know what the club have offered Ross but if the rumours are correct then we arent really valuing him.

Simple fact is he is one of our best players we have new investment meaning we finally have funds & the Tv income is through the roof.

Is it really to much to ask for us to pay him £100k a week.

I wonder how many people who are advocating selling Ross, (as though we're going to be better off without him, because they want to see sigurdson / any new player to keep things interesting, like buying a new t-shirt until it loses its significance and then you want to buy another) would change their minds at the shock of one of the top 6 coming in to buy him?

Say City / Spurs / Arsenal / Liverpool (dare i say it) all became interested / made bids. I think everybody would sh?t themselves and all of a sudden start realising what a really good player we have with great potential.

He's an Evertonian. He puts in a solid performance. Has great potential. Yet most people want to sell him because they get bored too easily.

I would sell him because he won't sign a new contract, I for one don't want him to leave but if he won't sign a new deal then the club need to act.

I don't advocate selling him but if the status quo continues then he has literally sold himself. No one player is bigger than the club so we can't have a will he/won't he situation only to leave late August and leaving the club with no chance to find an adequate replacement.

Not fair on the club

Let's look at it objectively I know you have a low opinion of Ross & are looking for bites but will humour you I like to spend time conversing with all types.

Reid has been told Ross wants to leave he loves Everton how is he going to react.

Hypotheticallly speaking It's like his son in law saying he doesn't love his daughter how would he react however if his daughter treated his son badly he would have a different reaction.

We don't know what the club have offered Ross but if the rumours are correct then we arent really valuing him.

Simple fact is he is one of our best players we have new investment meaning we finally have funds & the Tv income is through the roof.

Is it really to much to ask for us to pay him £100k a week.

He's not worth that though

He's not worth that though
Okay but it would seem certain that other teams clearly are prepared to pay him it if he is leaving. Teams that Are better than us.

define worth?

personally I believe it is the value that someone is prepared to pay for something & someone is prepared to pay it

Okay but it would seem certain that other teams clearly are prepared to pay him it if he is leaving. Teams that Are better than us.

define worth?

personally I believe it is the value that someone is prepared to pay for something & someone is prepared to pay it

Zero evidence of this

I would sell him because he won't sign a new contract, I for one don't want him to leave but if he won't sign a new deal then the club need to act.

I don't advocate selling him but if the status quo continues then he has literally sold himself. No one player is bigger than the club so we can't have a will he/won't he situation only to leave late August and leaving the club with no chance to find an adequate replacement.

Not fair on the club
But we have to accept that we don't know the reasoning for this. Koeman could've told him "i'm buying a new No.10 this year and you're my plan b, bitch!"

Poor Ross :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back