Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
only just realized that we have lost all bargaining chips. nobody in there right minds will pay £30 million when they know we have said he is getting sold if he doesnt sign a new contract
If it turns out we're selling him (hopefully not from my point of view), if we don't get near to what we want straight away, we might play that risky game of waiting until right near the end of the window. Others have done it. Spurs with Berbatov to Man Utd I seem to recall. And that tactic will depend on whether we can afford to wait for the fee. In other words spend first re-coup later. Not something we usually do.

If Ross goes I will be disappointed. But the club is getting its priorities in order I believe. The contract extension (3-5years?) hopefully to be signed by Capt Jags in the next week or two, is a bigger deal than Ross and Rom moving on.
You would think that Capt Jags has had a lot of other clubs circling, so it's vital we get him locked into a long contract
You're joking of course?

Apart from a few brief glimpses, such as the goals against City and Newcastle, I don't think Ross has been anywhere near that class for a long time.

He is good, but lets not start putting him in the superstar bracket, because he is far from that.

For the majority of the last 3 years he has been running around in circles holding onto the ball too long and then giving it away.

I was nodding and agreeing with your post until you came to this conclusion. I think that's VERY unfair. He's contributed to ALOT of our attacking play / goals scored.

Why dont we offer him a one year rolling contract like Koeman had at Feyenoord and what he asked for at Southampton?

Yes because the club are peddling an agenda to make it look like he wants to leave. Perhaps he does but if it's baecuse we won't pay him & £100k a week then we really are hanging him out to dry.

Utter rubbish

Reidy is talking from the heart, He obviously doesn't get the hype like some of us on here

Spot on

He knows, He can see what a bang average player this lad is

Hyped up because he's a blue and a scouser

Funny given Reid was bigging him up only a few weeks ago. Video makes it seem like Reid is hurt by the fact Ross doesn't want to stay and thus is having a rant about it, which is absolutely fine but he wouldn't be saying this stuff if he had signed a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back