Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thought the most astonishing thing Barkley did today was actually win a tackle?! He's scored goals before so that's just not as exciting. Next up...a header!

All in all though, great performance by Ross today. Pass for Rom's goal was a gem.
He won a few delefeuo & lone strykng suits him as he plays deeper rather than isolated in front of Barry & McCarthy

Oh Ste you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Ste, Hey Hey Ste.

giphy.gif

An endearing quality of Barkley is/was his ingenuousness. Anyone who saw his EFC MOTM interview would appreciate that hubris will asphyxiate that quality like an asthma.
Money, with its false gods, is as a genocide

He's been playing well, somebody has to nudge him away from those free kicks though.

.....he has a shot like a mule. What he needs to do is practice and practice them. I heard a coach talking about how Ronaldo is first on the training ground and last off. Even though he's no1 in the world he is an unbelievably dedicated professional. I'd like to see Barkley master the Ronaldo upright kicking technique, I notice he tried it once or twice last season. Practice, practice, practice.

Inconsistent

Let's see him boss decent sides and not relegation fodder

Still think he believes his own hype

For the last year or so we've been moaning at how we can't break down the lower teams in the league because they sit back and allow us possession. More than happy for him to regularly boss the relegation fodder since people have been expecting us to struggle against them.

.....he has a shot like a mule. What he needs to do is practice and practice them. I heard a coach talking about how Ronaldo is first on the training ground and last off. Even though he's no1 in the world he is an unbelievably dedicated professional. I'd like to see Barkley master the Ronaldo upright kicking technique, I notice he tried it once or twice last season. Practice, practice, practice.

Until he's had that practice, I'd put someone else on free kicks. Lukaku's decent, Mirallas if he's on the field. Baines can't come back soon enough either, our corners have been hilariously bad. Not trying to stick the boot into Ross here, think his overall play has been excellent, but giving ourselves an extra edge with setpieces can only improve us.

Am I the only one who thought the most astonishing thing Barkley did today was actually win a tackle?! He's scored goals before so that's just not as exciting. Next up...a header!

All in all though, great performance by Ross today. Pass for Rom's goal was a gem.

The annoying thing is that his tackling and heading can be improved but it doesn't look to me like it's been worked on. Definitely something that needs to be addressed if he wants to be the box to box midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back