Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why did your manager say it'd be ultimatum day 17 days ago?

My manager? He's the manager of Everton FC.

Maybe he told him that 17 days ago because contract negotiations take time, maybe he wanted to put pressure on before the window opened, maybe he is privy to inside info which we aren't. I'm not a mind reader, but they are some plausible reasons.

Instead, you assume that 17 days later Koeman should have followed through on the ultimatum, despite the transfer window not even opening for business. What would you like him to do?

My manager? He's the manager of Everton FC.

Maybe he told him that 17 days ago because contract negotiations take time, maybe he wanted to put pressure on before the window opened, maybe he is privy to inside info which we aren't. I'm not a mind reader, but they are some plausible reasons.

Instead, you assume that 17 days later Koeman should have followed through on the ultimatum, despite the transfer window not even opening for business. What would you like him to do?
Or maybe he just shot his mouth off again in some BS attempt to prove he was in charge and found out he didn't have a clue what he was talking about?

Because he's got an ego befitting of his massive, massive bonce?

But agree with the ghost, can't exactly say he's defo off before the window opens.
he should have thought about that then. The fact that he thought the club would make a statement when they were in the middle of discussions with Barkley was naive to say the least.

Anyway, he's on a beach now and the club will sort this behind his back.

he should have thought about that then. The fact that he thought the club would make a statement when they were in the middle of discussions with Barkley was naive to say the least.

He never said we'd make a statement the day after, like some people wrongly assumed, and has always said he wants to keep Barkley.

For all we know he was given assurances from the club or Barkley that a decision would be made by then and he was simply relaying that info to the press.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, mate. Koeman has an ego it can be annoying. I prefer to judge him for his performance in the dugout as opposed to the press conferences.

I wouldn't play for Koeman either. I don't respect him and I wouldn't play for anyone I didn't respect.

The manager at any successful club has to be in control. Sir Alex Ferguson would not accept Barkley not indicating if he'd accept or reject a contract proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back