Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unitil we realise he's the next lothar mathaus/Duncan Edwards and not the next Zidane/Rivera the better.

Must say, it shows you how much players can get away with under Martinez. Its like watching Berbatov out there atm. Our defensive shape is wrong and its allowing him to put out the laziest defensive displays I've seen at the club in a long while.

Unitil we realise he's the next lothar mathaus/Duncan Edwards and not the next Zidane/Rivera the better.

Must say, it shows you how much players can get away with under Martinez. Its like watching Berbatov out there atm. Our defensive shape is wrong and its allowing him to put out the laziest defensive displays I've seen at the club in a long while.

Mature performance from ross last night if not spectacular. Sometimes it's required n shows he's growing as a player.

Couldn't agree more. He switched tact when things weren't working and started to do the simple things well. His ball out to Deulofeu was one example. He seems to be thinking more about what is going to benefit the team. Maturing with every game.

Couldn't agree more. He switched tact when things weren't working and started to do the simple things well. His ball out to Deulofeu was one example. He seems to be thinking more about what is going to benefit the team. Maturing with every game.

Yes trying more and more which is great as he's trying to realise every ounce of potential. Some of it doesn't come off and he'll learn which bits should be retried and which shouldn't because they are just sheer madness.

Love him.

He's very much a luxury player, which can be good. Its just when he puts in a smart price performance that it becomes an issue.

He's very much a luxury player, which can be good. Its just when he puts in a smart price performance that it becomes an issue.

Luxury player? He's running our entire attacking play. He was sitting deep v Boro almost alongside Cleverley with Barry behind both of them. I think this is his best position and he's influencing games far more than last season.

He has the physique and technical ability to be a well rounded box to box midfielder with flair; I just question his effort at times. I'm not sure he has the mentality to do everything, but he really shines with the ball at his feet.

On his day he can pick out the impossible pass and make defenders look silly on the dribble. He also can shoot really well with both feet which can't be said for many strikers in this league. He has a unique skillset and he could add so much to his game if the mentality was there; I've yet to see it from him.

Take him out of the team and we are way way worse
Agreed. He will struggle in Certain games because teams gameplan for him, and that's where the effort to win the ball needs to come from him. Rom has gotten so much better in that department this season, and I'd like to see it from Ross as well.

Having said that, if teams are game planning for him, it opens up other players. His presence alone makes a difference. Players like Naismith will be left wide open and you may think "ERMAGERD he dribbled through their wherl team Sploorge" ... Yeah, but the attack goes nowhere because he can't pick a pass and they were too busy marking players that actually matter to our buildup play.

Take him out of the team and we are way way worse
ossie.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back