Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a great talent but i wish he would take control a bit more.
He seems to go down a few gears at the moment and cruise through games.
He could be whatever he wants but he has to realise it himself

He is a great talent but i wish he would take control a bit more.
He seems to go down a few gears at the moment and cruise through games.
He could be whatever he wants but he has to realise it himself

I see him doing this as a way of slowing down the game, to allow us to start again, and drive the game at our pace.

I see that as the side as the big improvement.

Its funny how some on here view Barkley. Been speaking to alot of Boro fans the past two days and the first player they all mentioned after Tuesdays game was Barkley. The fact that he was everywhere, always on the ball, holding it up, drawing in multiple boro players, finding space etc. I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Its funny how some on here view Barkley. Been speaking to alot of Boro fans the past two days and the first player they all mentioned after Tuesdays game was Barkley. The fact that he was everywhere, always on the ball, holding it up, drawing in multiple boro players, finding space etc. I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Patrick Barclay did a piece in the Evening Standard last night eulogizing over the Everton play. He basically said that he was jizzing over the Everton play, particularly the second goal. The 28 passes has been mentioned, I think on ITV's highlights, what I didn't realize that it went through Barkley 6 times. The second part of the piece was about Man City's investment of 200 million from the Chinese, he said if any club has that much money they should spend it on John Stones.......then added or Barkley, Delofeu, Coleman or Lukaku. Not poncing the players around just that they were real quality. He also added it was the type of football that Kendall had us playing in the 80's.

Patrick Barclay did a piece in the Evening Standard last night eulogizing over the Everton play. He basically said that he was jizzing over the Everton play, particularly the second goal. The 28 passes has been mentioned, I think on ITV's highlights, what I didn't realize that it went through Barkley 6 times. The second part of the piece was about Man City's investment of 200 million from the Chinese, he said if any club has that much money they should spend it on John Stones.......then added or Barkley, Delofeu, Coleman or Lukaku. Not poncing the players around just that they were real quality. He also added it was the type of football that Kendall had us playing in the 80's.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...investment-isnt-necessarily-bad-a3127926.html

hes turned bit of a crab this season, hasn't got that same drive going forward, does an awful lot of nothing, seems he's just looking to glide through games with minimum effort.

Sometimes would like him to take control and take a man on, we know he has the ability.

hes turned bit of a crab this season, hasn't got that same drive going forward, does an awful lot of nothing, seems he's just looking to glide through games with minimum effort.

Sometimes would like him to take control and take a man on, we know he has the ability.

Except for setting up the goal tonight with a through ball.

And scoring and assisting a buttload more throughout the season.

I'm massively happy that he's starting to keep play ticking over as well as the surging runs and magical through-balls. In the game against Middlesborough in that goal were we had something like 25 passes, Barkley was involved in that 6 times. Knowing when to do something risky and knowing when to take the simple option and move into space is what'll make him a complete player.

While I agree he's maybe not attacking players as much as he has done
He did make some good runs and did go past their players a few times

But to say he did a lot of nothing is a joke
Go back and watch again I thought he was outstanding
The way he switched play
The way he found space around the box played some clever balks

Made a couple of great runs and was not picked out
And had a big say in our goal

Also against a very good defensive team who sit back and play counter attacking football away from home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back