Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good tonight. Looked really confident and mature.

He's cut back on the long-range shooting a lot which is good, but I wish he'd pulled the trigger when he had the chance on his left late on.

I thought he had a good game but he still has a frequent tendency to slow the game down, which I don't think is good. By contrast, Cleverley is great at getting his head up and playing the ball early.

This happened a lot in the second half yesterday when we were really dominant. It reminded me of games like the Swansea home game last year when we have a huge amount of possession but end up just passing back and forth on the edge of the opposition area.

I think by the end of the season he'll have shown he can be trusted to play in the middle of the park. Maybe Alli coming in and threatening to push him down the England pecking order has given him a bit of a kick up the arse in that respect.

I thought he had a good game but he still has a frequent tendency to slow the game down, which I don't think is good. By contrast, Cleverley is great at getting his head up and playing the ball early.

This happened a lot in the second half yesterday when we were really dominant. It reminded me of games like the Swansea home game last year when we have a huge amount of possession but end up just passing back and forth on the edge of the opposition area.

This is actually a plus point he is showing he can both control the tempo of a game via slowing it down & keeping the ball & also quickening it breaking quickly. Very few players can do both

I think by the end of the season he'll have shown he can be trusted to play in the middle of the park. Maybe Alli coming in and threatening to push him down the England pecking order has given him a bit of a kick up the arse in that respect.
Might still be too much of a jump switching from the #10 role to being part of a two man midfield, probably best to have a midfield three with one of Barry/McCarthy/Besic in the holding role to give a touch more cover for Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back