Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep hes done a great job so far. Still remember all the "experts" saying he wasn't right for it and would struggle to keep them up. Just another on the endless list of how must of them don't know crap. Will be interesting to see if Leicester can keep it going

Anyone else have a very slight nagging concern that he's having his edge and specialness gradually trained out of him ?

I knows he's becoming maturer etc and his ball retention etc is improving but in my mind he was more exciting and dangerous when he first came into the team.

He's a lot more conservative with what he does now, reminds me a bit of how Rooney over time had his best features neutralised some what by Ferguson. He became a better player overall but not the jaw droppingly exciting player he was for Everton and England circa 2004.

I don't want him to go down that direction, he's too good offensively to be sat in central midfield for most of the game playing simple balls and linking the play together.

I no longer see him put in performances like he did against Arsenal away and Liverpool home a couple seasons ago.

He's still obviously boss.
Not at all. He's clearly becoming a far more effective and dangerous player.

Anyone else have a very slight nagging concern that he's having his edge and specialness gradually trained out of him ?

I knows he's becoming maturer etc and his ball retention etc is improving but in my mind he was more exciting and dangerous when he first came into the team.

He's a lot more conservative with what he does now, reminds me a bit of how Rooney over time had his best features neutralised some what by Ferguson. He became a better player overall but not the jaw droppingly exciting player he was for Everton and England circa 2004.

I don't want him to go down that direction, he's too good offensively to be sat in central midfield for most of the game playing simple balls and linking the play together.

I no longer see him put in performances like he did against Arsenal away and Liverpool home a couple seasons ago.

He's still obviously boss.
His goal and assist return prove otherwise.

He mightve been a bit more flashy when he broke through but that player was too prone to errors and wild inconsistency. Hes maturing nicely now and his decision makings getting better and better

One of the most surprising aspects of Ross' development this year is him getting a few sweaty tap-ins. I'd never imagined he'd be the type of player to get those type of goals. They add a completely different dimension to him. Hopefully he can keep it up

As you saw against Palace, he is very capable of playing the # 10 or a holding role. Where Martinez sees him will probably determine whether we go all out to acquire an AM or holding guy. I think Robbie did say something about Barkley feeling claustraphobic as a number 10 and that he saw him as a future holding player (that could have just been talk to ease expectations for him).

One of the most surprising aspects of Ross' development this year is him getting a few sweaty tap-ins. I'd never imagined he'd be the type of player to get those type of goals. They add a completely different dimension to him. Hopefully he can keep it up
He is great at taking long shots, but he has been poor at finishing inside until recently. Hopefully this is a trend that continues; he is blossoming into quite the player.

Probably the quietest game i've ever seen Barkley play? Didn't do too much wrong but i barely noticed him at all, was expecting him to score today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back