Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
That WRD (i know I know) said he wasn't offered one until 2 days before the Arsenal game, he was on holiday the Monday after the Arsenal game. It may be a non issue. I reckon him and Lukaku will be here next season.

You honestly think that for months Koeman is saying 'he signs the contract or we sell him', and all the while their has been no contract offer? Ross and his agent don't say at any point 'er hang on, we haven't actually been offered one..'
He's dithered as he does on the pitch and he'll end up on the bench at Spurs.

Net spend is not the "be all and end all" It is what you buy with your money. We could sell ross and rom for £110,000,000 and buy 6 Juan Sebastian Veron's for 180,000,000. Would we be better off with a 70,000,000 net spend. i don't think so_On the other hand if we had bought 6 gana gaye's for 45,000,000. we would be in a much better place
Last five seasons net spend:
Liverpool £122M
Arsenal £206M
Chelsea £206M
United £369M
City £403M

...Spurs £1M...but over last decade £107M

Keep arguing for break even spending. It's called 'preparing to fail'.

Yeah ... but there is no ratio to goals in different leagues... I know it's not as high a standard but you can't write someone off just because they are playing in holland... or assume they won't be as good here... it simply doesn't work like that. So many players come through that league and some absolutely quality ones to

True but you can be very sceptical. Dirk Kuyt was still rattling in 20 a season at 36 for eg.

On the flip side, Ross Barkley would be certainly hitting double figures for goals and assists in Holland easily. But some feel he's not "good enough"

So it's right for people to be skeptical in that case.

Last five seasons net spend:
Liverpool £122M
Arsenal £206M
Chelsea £206M
United £369M
City £403M

...Spurs £1M...but over last decade £107M

Keep arguing for break even spending. It's called 'preparing to fail'.
Are these numbers really that important?

Like, you could get 6 Gueye's, 6 Del's or 7 Sandro's for the price of one Andy Carroll which only confirms that it's utterly pointless to even discuss that. One Seamus Coleman cost 60k. Probably all right backs in the league cost more than him and none of them are better. It's the way you spend your money, not how much.

Like, you could get 6 Gueye's, 6 Del's or 7 Sandro's for the price of one Andy Carroll which only confirms that it's utterly pointless to even discuss that. One Seamus Coleman cost 60k. Probably all right backs in the league cost more than him and none of them are better. It's the way you spend your money, not how much.
That's too logical mate

O'leary at leeds 1998 - 2002,Spent £100,000,000 and won jack [Poor language removed], relegated 2004. Thats not the EVERTON i want

Did they have a billionaire backing them who is prepared to spend a lot of cash on them like we ha...hold on....

That's too logical mate

Not really. There is a consistent and direct correlation between how much you spend and where you finish in the table.
There are occasional anomalies but the table over a period of years reflects the money those clubs spend on their players - fees and wages.

Absolutely this.

I for one am not bothered one single bit if our net spend was permanently negative but we were still producing the goods and signing some boss togger.

Yes. mate it is important. Because as we're doing that type of buying we're also shuffling out the door three of the jewels in the crown Moshiri was 'determined to keep' and thus our ability to compete is eroded.

Only by spending on top players will we ever retain all our talent and build on it...and that requires a lot of cash to be spent.

We all knew this when Moshiri took over, and the argument for having him was that he'd do all that and it'd be the platform for our lift off.

From that consensus some have drifted off into this "net spend isn't a key factor" BS dreamland of denial.

Not for me. I'm holding this feller's feet to the fire on his words regarding 'giving you my all' that he spouted when he first took over/

So: massive net spend this summer "Mosh" otherwise you are the latest in a long line of phonies and carpetbaggers.

Last edited:
Yes. mate it is important. Because as we're doing that type of buying we're also shuffling out the door three of the jewels in the crown Moshiri was 'determined to keep' and thus our ability to compete is eroded.

Only by spending on top players will we ever retain all our talent and build on it...and that requires a lot of cash to be spent.

We all knew this when Moshiri took over, and the argument for having him was that he'd do all that and it'd the platform for our lift off.

From that consensus some have drifted off into this "net spend isn't a key factor" BS dreamland of denial.

Not for me. I'm holding this feller's feet to the fire on his words regarding 'giving you my all' that he spouted when he first took over/

So: massive net spend this summer "Mosh" otherwise you are the latest in a long line of phonies and carpetbaggers.
Should be threadmarked.
100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back