Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barkley has been offered the contract quoted on here I'm surprised he hasn't signed it. His agent must be whispering nonsense in his ears. We're not going to pay him £100k a week. Hell, Levy was in tears giving Kane £100k a week. After Kane's first season Levy was looking to cash in on his one season wonder and Poch had to convince him not to sell. Levy is all about profit and I don't see the margins in Barkley.

Levy won't pay more than £15m to £20m for Barkley with 12 months left on his contract. We won't be paying him more than Eriksen or Dele either (£70k a week) and he's not going to be on Kane money and he'll be coming to us to sit on the bench unless Dembele is injured. And we already have Dembele mark 2 to in Josh Onomah who'll be getting more game time next season and just had a wonderful England under 20's tournament.

Edit: forgot to add Harry Winks in this too

I just don't see where he'll fit in at Spurs.
Surprised your main players are on relatively small wages compared to rival clubs.

Can see that being an issue for Spurs if/when the big clubs come calling offering £100k+ to most of them.

Interesting perspective I heard yesterday: if it's true we're prepared to offer Rooney £150k and only offered Barkley £100k, how would you feel about that if you were Barkley?

Sometimes it's about salaries relative to other players. £100k sounds generous, but if we're prepared to go much higher than that for the likes of Rooney, who is unlikely to be first choice and possibly even more of an ambassador than a player, then is that good value for Roscoe?
I'm not sure those situations are remotely comparable.

Hope he stays, but increasingly doubtful.

On Ross though.

We'll move on. Ideally he'd be a key part of that moving forward, but if he doesn't want to be here, we have to sell given his contract situation.

Can't help but feel he's been awfully advised by an agent looking for a big pay day.

Interesting perspective I heard yesterday: if it's true we're prepared to offer Rooney £150k and only offered Barkley £100k, how would you feel about that if you were Barkley?

Sometimes it's about salaries relative to other players. £100k sounds generous, but if we're prepared to go much higher than that for the likes of Rooney, who is unlikely to be first choice and possibly even more of an ambassador than a player, then is that good value for Roscoe?

Yeah spot on. That's what people are missing - Lukaku and Barkley have been the "main guys" in our team for years now, and Ross sees us spouting off about ambition etc. yet offering him 2/3rds of what we offered a wantaway striker in Lukaku whilst we're rumoured in the likes of Rooney etc. for mega-wages.

Not only that, he's already being paid much less than much lesser 'talents' like Ashley Williams.

He's well worth the £100,000 a week. I find it bizarre people can think otherwise. Indeed, he's worth much more than that. I'd argue that £100k is 2/3rds of his worth in the current market in fact. If we're paying Williams £70k, Barkley can easily argue he's twice the player and three times as important. Because he is.

He must be looking around thinking, "Why be loyal? Why stay? I keep my head down and the club make me a poor contract offer and give me a deadline to sign it, yet they pussyfoot around Lukaku who has been whoring himself around to other clubs for years."

If Barkley has been offered the contract quoted on here I'm surprised he hasn't signed it. His agent must be whispering nonsense in his ears. We're not going to pay him £100k a week. Hell, Levy was in tears giving Kane £100k a week. After Kane's first season Levy was looking to cash in on his one season wonder and Poch had to convince him not to sell. Levy is all about profit and I don't see the margins in Barkley.

Levy won't pay more than £15m to £20m for Barkley with 12 months left on his contract. We won't be paying him more than Eriksen or Dele either (£70k a week) and he's not going to be on Kane money and he'll be coming to us to sit on the bench unless Dembele is injured. And we already have Dembele mark 2 to in Josh Onomah who'll be getting more game time next season and just had a wonderful England under 20's tournament.

Edit: forgot to add Harry Winks in this too

I just don't see where he'll fit in at Spurs.
The Easter bunny & santa say hello stop reading tabloids buddy

Yeah spot on. That's what people are missing - Lukaku and Barkley have been the "main guys" in our team for years now, and Ross sees us spouting off about ambition etc. yet offering him 2/3rds of what we offered a wantaway striker in Lukaku whilst we're rumoured in the likes of Rooney etc. for mega-wages.

Not only that, he's already being paid much less than much lesser 'talents' like Ashley Williams.

He's well worth the £100,000 a week. I find it bizarre people can think otherwise. Indeed, he's worth much more than that. I'd argue that £100k is 2/3rds of his worth in the current market in fact. If we're paying Williams £70k, Barkley can easily argue he's twice the player and three times as important. Because he is.

He must be looking around thinking, "Why be loyal? Why stay? I keep my head down and the club make me a poor contract offer and give me a deadline to sign it, yet they pussyfoot around Lukaku who has been whoring himself around to other clubs for years."
People are getting caught up in this.

We leak a fee £50million but not a wage.

Say it like it is either pay him a £50miliionplayer wage or let him go we poor

He's worth what someone is willing to pay him. If he can get more elsewhere then by who would blame him. If the club reckon no one will offer him more, or that they can get better for the same wages, who can blame them? I think our level is about right for him now, but then until he plays for a team challenging for the league or championship league, we'll never know for sure.

Rooney is taking a big pay cut...Ross is getting a big pay rise

As you say, all about perception

Hes already knocked it out the park Dave.

57m in a day, as I said, hes utterly spanking you here.

Dont torture yourself. I'm hoping against hope this will be THE summer when we get the kind of net spend we all dreamed about and thought Moshiri was the one to hand to us.

The difference between us on this is that I expect to have those hopes dashed. This feller showed his hand last summer with a paltry net spend and then a load of flannel in the media about big bids that never came off. This summer we will see signings through the door early in the summer and a couple of late exits for massive fees at the end of the window. It'll all converge by September.

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Dont torture yourself. I'm hoping against hope this will be THE summer when we get the kind of net spend we all dreamed about and thought Moshiri was the one to hand to us.

The difference between us on this is that I expect to have those hopes dashed. This feller showed his hand last summer with a paltry net spend and then a load of flannel in the media about big bids that never came off. This summer we will see signings through the door early in the summer and a couple of late exits for massive fees at the end of the window. It'll all converge by September.

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

You sound like me going on about world politics, dave. This entitles you to one adult beverage of your choice.

I've called a dozen of the last three financial meltdowns, too. Good thing I'm not so negative now. (buries silver in back yard)

You seem to have no understanding of how the financial side works in a healthy well run business. Many will say that Everton have been badly run over the last 15 years, one of the main things we want from Moshiri is to not make the same mistakes we have made in the past, run the club the right way, the same way he probably runs his own personal business interests, judging by his own personal wealth he has been successful at doing just this.
The first part of that is not throwing money away needlessly, but you seem to want us to go out and buy several Sissoko and Andy Carolls just because Liverpool do it.
We could this window if we sell Lukaku and shift Barkley and maybe some deadwood bring as much in as 120m but on top of that you want us to spend another 50m ? 170m out?? Really? on who? Give me a few Idrissa Gueye bargains any day over expensive players just to spend for the sake of it.
You forget these players need to be paid, players who go for big money often can command large wages, we go out and buy a load of 30m players the wage bill is going to bust us.
If we go into the new season with a better squad the window has worked, the net spend dosent come into it, not if Steve Walsh is doing his job.
There's always an excuse trundled out.

Look mate, if/when next season goes arse up I'm telling you now that the issue of Moshiri not spending cash on this club WILL be front and centre.

Just because he's using the Lukaku fee upfront right now dont let that blind you to the one and only real stat that matters this summer: how much we really see spent at the club. Not the recycling BS - REAL spending and strengthening this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back