Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he'll necessarily be in our first team even if he signs an extension.

And this may well be the crux of it.

But we've got loads of games next season - hopefully - and you'd like to think he'd be chomping at the bit to take us into Europe as our main man and to prove he has the quality to command a first team place.

And this may well be the crux of it.

But we've got loads of games next season - hopefully - and you'd like to think he'd be chomping at the bit to take us into Europe as our main man and to prove he has the quality to command a first team place.
Honestly hope I'm proven wrong, but it seems he doesn't have the mentality to bounce back like that.

Remember when Martinez was getting booed and Barkley started getting deflated and thought it was aimed at him? The chants "sacked in the morning", "Martinez out" and all that, he thought were for him.

Links I've missed them saying actual figures

I can't link a Times article unless you've got a subscription.

I'll have a gander for the others.

But Joyce definitely said £100k p/wk, then you factor in extra goal/appearance bonuses etc.

He's been offered a good deal. Maybe it was too little, too late, but Koeman clearly doesn't think he's worth anymore and tbh I find it hard to argue with that line of thinking.

Honestly hope I'm proven wrong, but it seems he doesn't have the mentality to bounce back like that.

Remember when Martinez was getting booed and Barkley started getting deflated and thought it was aimed at him? The chants "sacked in the morning", "Martinez out" and all that, he thought were for him.
Sooner we move on from him the better. Perennial big game flop.

Unfortunately as much as Ross is a Blue and I personally love him but very frustrated by his lack of development recently.
I think its down to not having the stomach or the drive to push on like Dele for example, and also the fact he isn't that switched on mentally, he doesn't have the brain to process everything in my opinion, and that's not going to give us a future leader as a club, he's nowhere near this, and he never will be.
I think he should go, get some guidance with perhaps someone that has more patience than RK. He's obviously tried with him but has run out of ideas, I dont think RK will be too bothered when he goes and I think personally, we will all rave about Klaassen and how good he is.

Remember when he goes and does well that is was YOU that drove him out the club.

TURN ROSS, turn all the way to a club that appreciates your mercurial talent. Just a shame your fellow Evertonians hounded you out lad.

Don't think that's correct @chicoazul the lad wont sign a new contract as he wants more money $150k per week if the rumours are correct

No one is bigger than the club, I think Ross is great player, but...... move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back