Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh. He'll be back with the rest of the players who weren't on international duty on July 3rd (unless he's gone by then, like).

Hopefully one of the first things he does is put pen to paper on a new deal and we can all forget about this.
Couldn't agree more.

Interesting perspective I heard yesterday: if it's true we're prepared to offer Rooney £150k and only offered Barkley £100k, how would you feel about that if you were Barkley?

Sometimes it's about salaries relative to other players. £100k sounds generous, but if we're prepared to go much higher than that for the likes of Rooney, who is unlikely to be first choice and possibly even more of an ambassador than a player, then is that good value for Roscoe?

I don't believe its ever been confirmed that we have offered that sort of money for Rooney

I believe though that the offer we have on the table for Ross is very generous compared with what could be on offer from other clubs

Don't think that's correct @chicoazul the lad wont sign a new contract as he wants more money $150k per week if the rumours are correct

No one is bigger than the club, I think Ross is great player, but...... move on
So your you're willing to believe rumours in order to fit your narrative mate? Genuinely concerned at the acute separation anxiety prevalent in your sort on here mate.

I've also noticed that it's more out of towners putting the knife into our boy Ross. I can only conclude that it's inverted scouse envy. It's a bit mad really. The wools hate Ross because he's so scouse.

So your you're willing to believe rumours in order to fit your narrative mate? Genuinely concerned at the acute separation anxiety prevalent in your sort on here mate.

I've also noticed that it's more out of towners putting the knife into our boy Ross. I can only conclude that it's inverted scouse envy. It's a bit mad really. The wools hate Ross because he's so scouse.
Blame Southport

I can't link a Times article unless you've got a subscription.

I'll have a gander for the others.

But Joyce definitely said £100k p/wk, then you factor in extra goal/appearance bonuses etc.

He's been offered a good deal. Maybe it was too little, too late, but Koeman clearly doesn't think he's worth anymore and tbh I find it hard to argue with that line of thinking.
Any joy with the £100k a week article mate. I'm don't mean to be an idiot I honestly just thought the articles all said lucrative etc but didn't have a lot of substance

Any joy with the £100k a week article mate. I'm don't mean to be an idiot I honestly just thought the articles all said lucrative etc but didn't have a lot of substance
reported that Klassen is on 100k per week - so really the club are taking the P as he is playing in a team at Championship level judging by that final v unt where he got subbed - our manager am of that game predicted unt were in for a big shock defeat when it was men v the boys!
he will come to be a good signing , but comparing him with Ross is a wee bit unfair imo!
Ross cost us nothing I hope we can up the offer in his contract tbh!
a midfield trio of Klassen Ross, and Tom Davies with one defensive midfielder, and we are going places!

reported that Klassen is on 100k per week - so really the club are taking the P as he is playing in a team at Championship level judging by that final v unt where he got subbed - our manager am of that game predicted unt were in for a big shock defeat when it was men v the boys!

Think you are confusing Dolberg with Klaassen mate. Klaassen played the full 90 minutes against Man Utd but Dolberg was subbed after 62 minutes.

he will come to be a good signing , but comparing him with Ross is a wee bit unfair imo!
Ross cost us nothing I hope we can up the offer in his contract tbh!
a midfield trio of Klassen Ross, and Tom Davies with one defensive midfielder, and we are going places!

You mean that competition at championship level we have never reached the final in mate?

Including a couple of times with Barkley in our team...

He also never got subbed, he played the full 90

Did you actually watch the game mate, what made you think that Ajax subbed their captain for? you sure you aren't mistaking him with Dolberg, there is only about half a foot and 5 years age difference and a full head of hair so an easy mistake to make possibly, oh and that they play in completely different positions as well ofc.

IF Barkley wasn't a home grown lad, everyone would be calling him for wanting to leave the club after turning down what would have been the biggest contract the club have ever payed.

You mean that competition at championship level we have never reached the final in mate?

Including a couple of times with Barkley in our team...

He also never got subbed, he played the full 90

Did you actually watch the game mate, what made you think that Ajax subbed their captain for? you sure you aren't mistaking him with Dolberg, there is only about half a foot and 5 years age difference and a full head of hair so an easy mistake to make possibly, oh and that they play in completely different positions as well ofc.

IF Barkley wasn't a home grown lad, everyone would be calling him for wanting to leave the club after turning down what would have been the biggest contract the club have ever payed.
Ajax the team who leaked goals in a mickey mouse competition - they were 4-0 up and just hung on to get to that final!
no wonder the chosen one did not bother with the prem when he had that trophy waiting on a plate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back