Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's playing well lately, but annoying the hell out of me that since McCarthy got injured at Bournemouth, Martinez has persisted with Cleverley and has pushed Barkley deeper to accommodate him. Today was a fine example. Barkley played well, but he was doing it too far back most of the time, instead of doing it further forward where he can actually influence us where he's best doing it. Not exactly a surprise that he has a hand in two goals when he does break ranks and venture forward.

He's playing well lately, but annoying the hell out of me that since McCarthy got injured at Bournemouth, Martinez has persisted with Cleverley and has pushed Barkley deeper to accommodate him. Today was a fine example. Barkley played well, but he was doing it too far back most of the time, instead of doing it further forward where he can actually influence us where he's best doing it. Not exactly a surprise that he has a hand in two goals when he does break ranks and venture forward.

Thanks for pointing this out. It seems a lot of fans are blind to this. Today especially Ross was clearly asked to do more defensively and he mostly did a decent job. Definitely in the first half. And he still managed to get in the mix going forward, with some great driving runs (which should have yielded some free kicks, if the ref wasn't such a tosspot) and to be fair, 2 assists. I know assists can be misleading but it shows he was still in the mix. Ross Barkley is not the problem this season, and I think he had a good game today.

Not calling for him to be dropped, just think the lad is trying to overplay. trying to thread those eye of a needle passes all game that are almost impossible to hit, whish he would just get involved more and use his quality to keep the ball moving forward.
Not being funny mate but in your previous post you state that every pass was sideways or back to the cbs.

Thanks for pointing this out. It seems a lot of fans are blind to this. Today especially Ross was clearly asked to do more defensively and he mostly did a decent job. Definitely in the first half. And he still managed to get in the mix going forward, with some great driving runs (which should have yielded some free kicks, if the ref wasn't such a tosspot) and to be fair, 2 assists. I know assists can be misleading but it shows he was still in the mix. Ross Barkley is not the problem this season, and I think he had a good game today.

Barkley and Barry had to be excellent today to make up for the usual non-event that is 'Tidy Play' Tom Cleverly.

Well said. Cleverley gives us nothing McCarthy does, so he's playing Barkley out of position.

Where the hell is Besic?
Looking for a new club, roberto has signed one of his untouchables in his position, it wont matter how well besic plays or how badly cleverly, mccarthy or barry play, though barry has been fine and j mac solid enough, besic has no hope of progressing, a shame as he's a fine talent, and someone much like kev who barkley links up with almost instinctively

Looking for a new club, roberto has signed one of his untouchables in his position, it wont matter how well besic plays or how badly cleverly, mccarthy or barry play, though barry has been fine and j mac solid enough, besic has no hope of progressing, a shame as he's a fine talent, and someone much like kev who barkley links up with almost instinctively

Pack it in. Besic will get his chance. Cleverley has played well and deserves to be in the starting XI for that reason. As for Barks, he was brilliant today, long may it continue.

Playing very well just behind Lukaku up until a few weeks ago. Then El Coco drops him back to accommodate Kone upfront and Cleverley in midfield. Phenomenal management.

Playing very well just behind Lukaku up until a few weeks ago. Then El Coco drops him back to accommodate Kone upfront and Cleverley in midfield. Phenomenal management.
Tbf I think Barkley plays great in either role. Having said that, we need McCarthy back and Ross back in his position (and Clev to take the left winger spot).

Pack it in. Besic will get his chance. Cleverley has played well and deserves to be in the starting XI for that reason. As for Barks, he was brilliant today, long may it continue.
Got his chance last season, was played well, better than barry was playing at the time, was dropped the instant martinez's faves were fit, cleverly didnt exactly have to work hard to get back in the team, if i was besic i would swerve roberto

Got his chance last season, was played well, better than barry was playing at the time, was dropped the instant martinez's faves were fit, cleverly didnt exactly have to work hard to get back in the team, if i was besic i would swerve roberto
Cleverley has been fine this season, but he was dreadful yesterday and really deserved the hook early. Ross was great, and for all the MOTD chugging off of Kante, he could of easily been carded for persistent fouling of Barks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back