Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting weird now but we're kinda forgetting about it due to everything else that's going on. So is he actually staying now purely because nobody has bid for him or what?

This is getting weird now but we're kinda forgetting about it due to everything else that's going on. So is he actually staying now purely because nobody has bid for him or what?

No one knows anything Adam.

Last week he was going to sign, apparently. @tommye reckons he knows that the agent/Ross are just seeing what occurs over the Summer.

:rolleyes:

..as a few have said, Adam, this was always likely to go down to the wire, especially if there's only one club interested. If Spurs are keen they'll be thinking they can get a bargain as the window closes because Everton will want to recoup at least some monies.

Not sure if these comments of Neil Warnock have been reported on here but...

"Yes, I do [think Barkley's Everton career is over]," Warnock told talkSPORT. "I had Ross at Leeds, and he's an unbelievably good pro. He comes in first thing and he takes free kicks until it goes dark, he trains all the time. But as a manager you can't really find a system you can trust him in.

"It's a really difficult with him, because he still loves to turn and take players on in his own half and often loses it. He hasn't got the responsibility in his make-up regarding as and when to do it, he just does it when he feels like it. I don't think you can change him in that."

Warnock might not be anybodies cup of tea as a true footballing brain, but it's a bit difficult to argue what he's said.

"Yes, I do [think Barkley's Everton career is over]," Warnock told talkSPORT. "I had Ross at Leeds, and he's an unbelievably good pro. He comes in first thing and he takes free kicks until it goes dark, he trains all the time. But as a manager you can't really find a system you can trust him in.

"It's a really difficult with him, because he still loves to turn and take players on in his own half and often loses it. He hasn't got the responsibility in his make-up regarding as and when to do it, he just does it when he feels like it. I don't think you can change him in that."

Warnock might not be anybodies cup of tea as a true footballing brain, but it's a bit difficult to argue what he's said.

why I think he'd be a better winger...pace power and a little less responsibility

Warnock and Talksport.

A match made in bell end heaven.

Agreed - I can't stand Warnock, but that makes a lot of sense.

Having said that though, it seems like it should be possible to train the lad out of bad habits like that. I know virtually nothing about coaching methodology, but surely it can be done?

Agreed - I can't stand Warnock, but that makes a lot of sense.

Having said that though, it seems like it should be possible to train the lad out of bad habits like that. I know virtually nothing about coaching methodology, but surely it can be done?

Maybe in other seasons, but the odd Game aside last season, his ball retention was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back