Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if these comments of Neil Warnock have been reported on here but...

"Yes, I do [think Barkley's Everton career is over]," Warnock told talkSPORT. "I had Ross at Leeds, and he's an unbelievably good pro. He comes in first thing and he takes free kicks until it goes dark, he trains all the time. But as a manager you can't really find a system you can trust him in.

"It's a really difficult with him, because he still loves to turn and take players on in his own half and often loses it. He hasn't got the responsibility in his make-up regarding as and when to do it, he just does it when he feels like it. I don't think you can change him in that."

Warnock might not be anybodies cup of tea as a true footballing brain, but it's a bit difficult to argue what he's said.
Yeah, but he looks like Tony Sopranos ma' so his opinion doesn't count.

"Yes, I do [think Barkley's Everton career is over]," Warnock told talkSPORT. "I had Ross at Leeds, and he's an unbelievably good pro. He comes in first thing and he takes free kicks until it goes dark, he trains all the time. But as a manager you can't really find a system you can trust him in.

"It's a really difficult with him, because he still loves to turn and take players on in his own half and often loses it. He hasn't got the responsibility in his make-up regarding as and when to do it, he just does it when he feels like it. I don't think you can change him in that."

Warnock might not be anybodies cup of tea as a true footballing brain, but it's a bit difficult to argue what he's said.
Disagree with you completely Andy. Ross rarely takes those risks in dangerous area's now. In fact all this crap about his ball retention is complete nonsense fired up by nobheads like Warnock. If anything, Ross doesn't take players on enough anymore and his game has become too safe imo.

Disagree with you completely Andy. Ross rarely takes those risks in dangerous area's now. In fact all this crap about his ball retention is complete nonsense fired up by nobheads like Warnock. If anything, Ross doesn't take players on enough anymore and his game has become too safe imo.
it's his haircut mate. havin a ferret strapped to your head is bound to affect your self concious

His best performances last season came coming in off the right hand flank. Interestingly that's not an area we have much quality in. I think he should stay and I think wide in a 433 is his best position. He's an extra option if nothing else and we need as many options as possible.

Agreed - I can't stand Warnock, but that makes a lot of sense.

Having said that though, it seems like it should be possible to train the lad out of bad habits like that. I know virtually nothing about coaching methodology, but surely it can be done?

Mate, I have banged a drum for someone with massive experience, someone like Colin Harvey, to help Ross analyse his game.

Not to coach him, but analyse, break his game down and dissect the good from the bad to hopefully help the lad drop the bad and nurture the good in his game.

Mate, I have banged a drum for someone with massive experience, someone like Colin Harvey, to help Ross analyse his game.

Not to coach him, but analyse, break his game down and dissect the good from the bad to hopefully help the lad drop the bad and nurture the good in his game.
Beardsley should be brought in specifically for Ross.
He would be perfect coach / mentor for his style of play.

Yep and yep.

Warnock's talking about the Ross of 3 years ago.

And Rom.
Its coming to a point when it must be crossing their minds that plucky little everton may just do ok next season.
That Levy character likes to play games with transfers so de we.I think it's obvious he's been tapped up by Spurs make them pay at least 45 mill. For Ross don't want him to go by the way but think his head has been turned.Plus we've got the 1 year left contract issue.Would not put it past Levy to sell Delle to Real late and say to the fans this is a world beater we've signed for A LOT less .Delle Ali has taken Barkeleys place/role in the England team.BTW he's well overated too.

And Rom.
Its coming to a point when it must be crossing their minds that plucky little everton may just do ok next season.

Yeh mate and Rom to a lesser extent, although I think he'll find a CL club more easily than Ross ever would.

Agreed - I can't stand Warnock, but that makes a lot of sense.

Having said that though, it seems like it should be possible to train the lad out of bad habits like that. I know virtually nothing about coaching methodology, but surely it can be done?

I can just about cope with Neil Warnock, not due to his footballery knowledge, but that his name is a simply splendid anagram. Good old Colin.

Didn't Barkley himself say he'd never trained in free kicks after scoring that free kick vs Swansea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back