Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wayne signs Ross is finished with us. He won't get near the team and due to his behaviour regarding a contract just park him with the kids.....he's finished with us......

So when Rooney played utd off against Chelsea and got a better contract, did he get 'parked'?

No way would I park him...definitely didn't do anything wrong...just stupid maybe who knows....If he is running it down because we won't lower the price it would be foolish not to play him during the year... still a good player on a wage at the club

That Levy character likes to play games with transfers so de we.I think it's obvious he's been tapped up by Spurs make them pay at least 45 mill. For Ross don't want him to go by the way but think his head has been turned.Plus we've got the 1 year left contract issue.Would not put it past Levy to sell Delle to Real late and say to the fans this is a world beater we've signed for A LOT less .Delle Ali has taken Barkeleys place/role in the England team.BTW he's well overated too.
Sometimes you just have to look at the screen and shake your head

Not sure if these comments of Neil Warnock have been reported on here but...

"Yes, I do [think Barkley's Everton career is over]," Warnock told talkSPORT. "I had Ross at Leeds, and he's an unbelievably good pro. He comes in first thing and he takes free kicks until it goes dark, he trains all the time. But as a manager you can't really find a system you can trust him in.

"It's a really difficult with him, because he still loves to turn and take players on in his own half and often loses it. He hasn't got the responsibility in his make-up regarding as and when to do it, he just does it when he feels like it. I don't think you can change him in that."

Warnock might not be anybodies cup of tea as a true footballing brain, but it's a bit difficult to argue what he's said.
And it appears several managers Ross has had since agree with warnock

My older brother always stated the only way Rooney would return was when he had a pop belly a baldy head , and his legs had gone - only for his hair transplants- he's spot on if it happens!
While Ross sees the exit door!

He's had every opportunity to sign a contract - which he has declined. Nobody is forcing him out. If he leaves, he leaves due to his will to join another club.

Wonder if the contract offer is still on the table or its just that we haven't had a suitable bid for him..

He knows that he's going. He also knows that not signing a contract will reduce the money we get for him. His next step away from Everton is downhill.......

In Your Humble Opinion...

You could argue that Ross has already learned from Rooney, who only a few years ago held out to turn down a new contract with SAF, and was rewarded with £250k per week.

I think I'd sit up and take note of that too...

He's had every opportunity to sign a contract - which he has declined. Nobody is forcing him out. If he leaves, he leaves due to his will to join another club.
No way if he hears that a old has been is returning on a better deal - then no wonder he is having reservations about signing his contract!
Put the sentimentalise to one side - We may get one season out of Rooney while we let a hot top Young international player with at least 7 years in his locker go cheaply!

No way if he hears that a old has been is returning on a better deal - then no wonder he is having reservations about signing his contract!
Put the sentimentalise to one side - We may get one season out of Rooney while we let a hot top Young international player with at least 7 years in his locker go cheaply!
It's not like we are signing Rooney to force Rosco out. He needs to sign the deal. And is he back in the ENG squad?

This. I really want Ross to stay and a bit gutted he'll go to be honest. But, as you say, he's had ample opportunity to sign up again. I don't buy that the contract offer is below expectations. Its likely a very good offer. Something else is causing his indifference to sign it. It seems he want out. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back