Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's saying Klassen or Sandro are?

True that we dont know, but having made them early targets in the window I would say Walsh and Koeman know what they want them for and how they would fit into the shape of next seasons team, same goes for Rooney. Obviously I would never take it for granted a player coming to the Premier League for the first time is a certain to hit the ground running, it took Thiery Henri 12 months. For me Koeman is building a team, not building a team around players that pre-date him.

I hope we sign Sigurdsson (sp?) and Ross signs a new contract. I'd like to think a lad from Wavertree is up for a bit of a fight for his place and it actually brings out the best in him. I am the most excited I have ever been as an Evertonian and I am 38!!

I'm surprised there's been nothing come out about the contract situation. I imagine if he was going to sign he would have done by now though.

He signed his last contract in late July 2014 in identical circumstances - being linked with moves everywhere.

Truth is we simply don't know, and that's the way it should be and should have been since the start.

I hope we sign Sigurdsson (sp?) and Ross signs a new contract. I'd like to think a lad from Wavertree is up for a bit of a fight for his place and it actually brings out the best in him. I am the most excited I have ever been as an Evertonian and I am 38!!

Agreed....best case scenario - We need players to turn up in the big games that matters to win silverware and local derby's.

Would Ross get that type of paycheck anywhere else? Nope. Players get bought on potential all the time, but usually don't get paid salary until they've shown more than Ross has.

That being said, if Ross was surrounded by teammates like Sigurdsson, Klassen, Rooney, Morgan, Gana in the midfield, Sandro, Giroud, and maybe a threat out wide like Gray...he'd not only look better, but he'd be forced to compete for a spot everyday. He'd get a lot better. But he's not there, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back