Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him when he plays deep against teams we control the ball against, but against teams we need to either play on the break or play at pace against, he needs to be in that No.10 position for me.

I think, come next season, we may well see him more in a midfield three of McCarthy-Besic-Barkley.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned his performance last night. I thought his ball retention and passes he made was absolutely superb, a very mature performance.

Skipped past Toure and putting him on his arse was also a particular highlight of mine. He's had a real good look at City now for a couple of games and they seem to stand off him so I'm hoping he's saved his best performance for last in a couple of weeks.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned his performance last night. I thought his ball retention and passes he made was absolutely superb, a very mature performance.

Skipped past Toure and putting him on his arse was also a particular highlight of mine. He's had a real good look at City now for a couple of games and they seem to stand off him so I'm hoping he's saved his best performance for last in a couple of weeks.

To be fair, who doesn't do that these days?

Barkley was our weak link in midfield today -
he should have been replaced by Deulefeu at half time -
he needs to play much deeper or as wannabe striker but i do not want to see him playing behind the strikrer -
he has a lot to learn still - but you either have fine skills and vision or you don't - i find him lacking

he needs to play much deeper or as wannabe striker but i do not want to see him playing behind the strikrer -
he has a lot to learn still - but you either have fine skills and vision or you don't - i find him lacking
He needs to learn to track back and not give up when a player goes past him. Defensively he is a weak link but I suppose number 10s for good teams are the same - mata, Oscar etc.

I agree about him being to far forward at times, which does sound a bit mad. And getting man marked to easy, he was frustrating today. But he wasn't the only one.

Lukaku was poor for me, to often the ball bounced of him, Lennon did t have a great game and Barry wasn't great 2nd half

Dropping back at times would give him more space, he did have a big say in our 2nd goal though.

He is the easy target, if your talking of taking players off at half time, then stones should have gone for his 1st half performance.

But no one will have a Pop at the Yorkshire lad who put a transfer request in.

Frustrating today, got into so many good positions but the final ball was always very poor.

Has so much power and skill to skip away and get that space, we also have players who make great runs for him but the consistency of that final ball isn't there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back