Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy was in the stands watching that performance. He's going to ruin Ross again for us FFS.
Roy didn't help Ross at all during the World cup or some of the games around it.

But tbf in the March international break, when he wasn't playing that great for us, Hodgson didn't drop him from the squad. Instead he talked him up and post match praised his two substitute performances. Think it gave Ross a bit of confidence at a time he badly needed some.

Best part of his performance today was the way he got his head up and picked out the right pass -- the one thing it's always looked like he couldn't do consistently. That pass down the line to Koné to start the counter on the first goal was fantastic, and so was the layoff to Lukaku for the second.

First time hes scored and assisted in the same game apparently. More of that on a consistent basis please Ross. Great goal again... His confidence should be up after two in two

Name and shame...you have to now.

Because he's absolutely overrated and if we got big money then why would you keep him? If he was a geordie then everyone would want him gone. I'm not arsed if he's scouse. If he does the same as last season then do you still want to keep him?

I'd bloody love Barkley to reach his so called 'potential' but I know he won't... Football is about opinions. You think he will. I think he won't. I've never been wrong about a player though. I am a lil scout myself ;)

Everyone has opinions pal.

Suspended now like.

Ross has got to feel the love from the Goodison crowd, allow him to do his thing be it a sideways or backwards pass without groaning. If anyone within a radius of 2 mts hears anyone booing or slating him it is your duty to fart in there face and say 'ave it'. Ross is a special talent and our fans can help him make it or they can break him.

Staggering to think that a lad with this much potential, and someone who has proven how good a player he can be with several world class finishes, can be turned on by a significant section of his own supporters when he is one of us. All because they've not had it all their own way for a season lol

I'd prefer it if we had 25,000-30,000 supportive Evertonians there next week, getting behind the team and Ross, and the 10-15,000 negative fans who start stamping their feet at the first sign of a failed dribble attempt or misplaced pass stayed at home.

Some Evertonians should hang their heads in shame when they've been ridiculed by Jamie Carragher of all people (who is spot on about this by the way).

Speaking on Monday Night Football, he said: “Barkley had a difficult season last season with the crowd, and at the game again on Saturday.

“Some of that crowd need to button it, shut up, and give that kid a chance. He's got great talent."

We need to get behind him. He has immense potential and we should be building our team around these youngsters who have shown so much talent early on in their careers. Lukaku included.

On to his performance yesterday. He was superb. One of the best games he'd had for us and the best thing about these last 2 games compared to last season, is that he had pushed on after a setback. He had a pretty poor game against Watford but still had the composure and technique to drive that equaliser in and yesterday after missing that sitter, he got on with it and got an assist and scored a great goal. That's the mental toughness that he needs to show which has been a hindrance to him early on in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back