Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was deulofeu who was involved in every goal

Edit: I'm thinking of the 3-0 bum,img we gave them at St James

yesterday was the first time he's ever scored and assisted in the same game.

i thought he'd done that when we bummed newcastle 3-0 at home 2 seasons back thought. thought him and lukaku were involved in every goal, maybe it was mirallas who got the other.

when we beat newcastle at home lukaku set up barkley, mirallas and howard set up lukaku

That was his best performance in a long long time but I still think he can improve. 2 strikers with him at the front of a midfield diamond makes him much more potent although it takes away our threat on the wings . you've got to play a system that gets the best out of your best players

Reactions: gmb
IndolentMadEland.gif

http://gfycat.com/IndolentMadEland

Most of his positives have been discussed, this wasn't his best move of the day but i thought it was a clever little turn

I noticed in the pre-season games and at the weekend that Ross is starting to show maturity in his play.

He realises that he doesn't have to take the world on all at once and his passing has improved as a result.

Last season he played too many short passes back to the player who passed to him and he did a bit of that on Saturday but his touch is starting to come to him as well.

Like a young guitarist who wants to play everything at volume 10, he's realised he needs to be able to play "Little wing" too if he is to be a real star.

I was a little unsure as to where he is going to fit in the team but Martinez played him perfectly on Saturday and my doubts have been completely wiped away after that performance.

Perhaps this is the season that our little Hendrix starts to blow away audiences and opposition players alike.

We just have to accept he isn't going to do it every time in every game and allow him to make mistakes because for every error or even 5, there is a moment of pure unadulterated genius just waiting to happen.

Long may he stay with us, win lots of trophies and become a legend in the pantheon of Everton greats.

@henrywinter: One of the best sights this nascent season is Ross Barkley increasingly imposing his gifts. Talent undeniable/decision-making maturing #efc
@paul_clews: @henrywinter Henry, please wait until after the window closes before making these comments PLEASE? PLEASE?
@henrywinter: @paul_clews he's sensible, knows he can play and develop at Everton.
@markwrightuk88: @henrywinter hope he goes on improving henry, what a talent everton and england will have. needs support
@henrywinter: @markwrightuk88 on and off the pitch. Seems a level-headed lad on the few occasions I've spoken to him.

There is a man from Wavertree,
His name is Ross Barkley.
He plays in the blue of Everton FC
The pride of Goodison

The only thing Ross Barkley needs,
Is a second with the ball.
He turns defenders inside out,
Then sticks it in the goal

There is a man from Wavertree,
His name is Ross Barkley.
And he plays in the blue of Everton FC
The pride of Goodison

Fans should enjoy having him around, even when he has his bad days and stop spouting crap like he's not that big a talent. Fact is, in his prime he won't be at our club. We don't have a plan to develop this club to an extent that we can keep someone like him for his whole career. He's a freak talent really. Physically, technically and all he needs is the tactical aspect. Not sure there's a bigger midfield talent(no8's) out there than him. He's undoubtedly in that Thiago, Pogba, Torres class of potential imo and I'll enjoy every single game he plays for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back