Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who think he is world class and worth £50 million. Tonight is the time for him to deliver. He's not a kid anymore.

I don´t think any reasonable football fan whether a blue or not thinks he is world class.

He doesn´t set prices and nor do his fans. The market sets it.

So on the basis of two things that don´t matter a jot you think he has to deliver tonight? Why tonight? Why not in some of our recent key league games? What if he continues being a pretty good Prem League footballer and in the next two seasons explodes?

Football fans. No patience. Get behind him fully and cut the hyperbole.

I don´t think any reasonable football fan whether a blue or not thinks he is world class.

He doesn´t set prices and nor do his fans. The market sets it.

So on the basis of two things that don´t matter a jot you think he has to deliver tonight? Why tonight? Why not in some of our recent key league games? What if he continues being a pretty good Prem League footballer and in the next two seasons explodes?

Football fans. No patience. Get behind him fully and cut the hyperbole.

Sounds like you aren't expecting a top performance from him.

Sounds like you aren't expecting a top performance from him.

Sounds like you'll be hurling abuse at him if he doesn't take on at least three City defenders on every run...

I agree with the point that these are the games he needs to step up in. Fingers crossed he will. He had a poor game on Sunday but up until that think he's been superb recently.

Hope he plays amazing. Will accept if he doesn´t, and support him anyhow.

Not put silly deadlines on him. ITS NOW OR NEVER ROSSS LAAAA

Top players perform when it matters. That's what makes them top players.
The same people who won't expect much from him tonight will cry in the summer when Hodgson doesn't build his entire England team around him.

Top players perform when it matters. That's what makes them top players.
The same people who won't expect much from him tonight will cry in the summer when Hodgson doesn't build his entire England team around him.

You are just making stuff up off the top of your head to try back up your awful viewpoint. I and I´m sure many many other Everton fans won´t give a damn what Hodgson and England do in the summer.

He is 22 yo. 3 and half seasons into his first team career proper. He is talented but there is no law in football stating "top" players HAVE to become amazing and win key games by a certain age. Go do some bloody research. Somebody mentioned one of the greats above. Zidane. Decent example. Drogba....Klose...Ian Wright. Different levels of top players. All hit their best level at a relatively later age.

"Top players perform when it matters. That's what makes them top players." ....your place spouting nonsense on MOTD awaits you Macca.

Patience please.

Loving the vitriol. If you say Jags really needs to step up to the plate tonight, or McCarthy needs to be at his best, then nobody bats an eyelid. Dare suggest that Ross should really perform though and you get dogs abuse.

And there are countless posts in this very thread about how he simply 'has' to be in the England team, and people putting ludicrous valuations on him.

Let me put it another way, tonight is a wonderful opportunity and platform for him to really make his mark on the game.

Loving the vitriol. If you say Jags really needs to step up to the plate tonight, or McCarthy needs to be at his best, then nobody bats an eyelid. Dare suggest that Ross should really perform though and you get dogs abuse.

And there are countless posts in this very thread about how he simply 'has' to be in the England team, and people putting ludicrous valuations on him.

Let me put it another way, tonight is a wonderful opportunity and platform for him to really make his mark on the game.

Your first post was tonight is the time and he is not a kid anymore. My replies are about silly pressure and expectations on a young star at the club.

Its not the same as just saying tonight is a wonderful opportunity for him as you did in this post.

The second one sounds normal and positive basically!

Your first post was tonight is the time and he is not a kid anymore. My replies are about silly pressure and expectations on a young star at the club.

Its not the same as just saying tonight is a wonderful opportunity for him as you did in this post.

The second one sounds normal and positive basically!

Silly pressure is not a post from a stranger on the internet, that he will never read. It's when your own manager calls you 'the greatest talent England has ever produced'

He made his debut FIVE years ago, people still talk like he's 16.

I hope he delivers tonight, the rest is just semantics.

Silly pressure is not a post from a stranger on the internet, that he will never read. It's when your own manager calls you 'the greatest talent England has ever produced'

He made his debut FIVE years ago, people still talk like he's 16.

I hope he delivers tonight, the rest is just semantics.

Its the attitude in general of too much expectation and lack of patience from some fans. Whether on here or at the game in the form of the legion of Ross-botherers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back