Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
he even made a couple of slide tackles, well in Ross!
can't wait to see him and McCarthy in that CM role sometime soon - hopefully with a boss 'number 10' in front of him

Anyone worry that despite all the positives of Barkley playing deeper we looked very vulnerable right through the middle even against a League 1 team? For it to work either Barry needs to play or McCarthy needs to be told to just sit which goes against what Martinez wants from Jimmy.

Anyone worry that despite all the positives of Barkley playing deeper we looked very vulnerable right through the middle even against a League 1 team? For it to work either Barry needs to play or McCarthy needs to be told to just sit which goes against what Martinez wants from Jimmy.

Barkley is a natural their mate, onus should be on making mccarthy mould his game to compliment ross's.

Imagine for a second those two in the centre with mirralas delf and yarmolenko in front of them and lukaku up top. Defence would improve just from teams fearing to commit too many forward against us

Seems to have taken his decision making to the next level - think with Ross we will always get a few little mistakes because of the way he plays, but his assists and goals so far this season, coupled with the fact he ALWAYS looks for the ball into his feet and drives forward will be so valuable to us this season.

Just hope we get someone else in the fabled "number 10" to take the pressure off him.

Barkley is a natural their mate, onus should be on making mccarthy mould his game to compliment ross's.

Imagine for a second those two in the centre with mirralas delf and yarmolenko in front of them and lukaku up top. Defence would improve just from teams fearing to commit too many forward against us

Oh no I totally agree he's miles better deep than he is in the hole (weirdly reminds me of Yaya Toure) I just mean unless the central partner adopts a more defensive than offensive approach we could get picked off. Can't have striker, two wingers, CAM and two mids running from deep as well as Stones strolling out. We'd get absolutely smashed against good teams. Maybe that's why Barry is still starting?

Oh no I totally agree he's miles better deep than he is in the hole (weirdly reminds me of Yaya Toure) I just mean unless the central partner adopts a more defensive than offensive approach we could get picked off. Can't have striker, two wingers, CAM and two mids running from deep as well as Stones strolling out. We'd get absolutely smashed against good teams. Maybe that's why Barry is still starting?

Thing is mate weve been smashed by good teams and not so good with barry their as well, defending is a team game, barkley for my money anyway is better defensively than osman and theirs signs hes improving especially his tackling, needs to learn better positional sense and players arpund need to realise they have to cover his space sometimes

Seems to have taken his decision making to the next level - think with Ross we will always get a few little mistakes because of the way he plays, but his assists and goals so far this season, coupled with the fact he ALWAYS looks for the ball into his feet and drives forward will be so valuable to us this season.

Just hope we get someone else in the fabled "number 10" to take the pressure off him.
Think Martinez should build the team around him in CM
Doesn't mean he will always play in a 2

I'm sure the manager will change systems for certain games

But by finding a great defensive midfielder to sit behind him would be a start weather that's besic McCarthy or new

Also maybe sacrificing 2 flying full backs would help
Galloway at left back would give us better balance and make us more solid

Brilliant performance from Ross yesterday,he's played well this season and looks like he's picking up from where he should have been at the start of last season. Him and lukaku look to have a real understanding developing. The pace and skill of lukaku Barkley mirallas and delofeu was brilliant last night. Surely they've all got to be in our strongest 11 And should be starting as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back