Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was decent to be honest. Offered about 80% of our threat going forward. Lots of good runs and some good passes.

He frustrated too, but I'd rather watch someone try and fail now and then, than just pass it around in our own half until they intercept it and have a shot on goal.

Wasn't great, but when the whole team is playing poorly then it becomes much easier to get dragged down to that level. Still flashed some good moments. 1 poor match out of 4 is not bad.

The last free kick we had when he elected to loft it to the left corner of the box for Oviedo of all people to challenge Walker in an aerial duel while Deulofeu was out on the right in acres and acres of space baffled me.

I thought he played pretty well - was probably one of our best outfield players, although his set pieces were poor.

Would love to see the Barry/McCarthy nexus broken up so we could play a second centre mid who gets involved in the attacking play. At the moment everything goes through Barkley and there often isnt any movement ahead of him, especially when lukaku is having an off day.

Centre mid of McCarthy/Barkley/cleverley might work, but I guess we won't be seeing that any time soon given today's injury.

Those wondering what his performance was like only need to watch his 2013-2014 season to be reminded that he remains a good distance from the form he's capable of. Looks to either be unfit or regressed as a player

He was always trying to do something positive, and it didn't go the way he wanted. On another day, he'd have assisted and scored a few.

One of the brightest players on show today.

didnt quite come off for ross today but at least he was positive and didnt go into his shell

may have been trying a bit 'tto hard' with hodgson watching. i dont midn him giving the ball away now and then if he's trying to do something positive

Frustrating but it felt like he was so close to things coming off for him.

He's slowly but surely becoming top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back