Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it matters really, but every news reporting is £60k or £65k week, plus bonus'. So I would think his next one would be much higher than a £70k a week mate.

I'm pretty certain he's on £50k mate. It was the reported figure at the time and I really don't think we'd have (at the time) paid a just-20-year-old £65k.

It depends though. If he is currently on that much, then yes I'd agree, it would be more than 70k. But either way, Baines is our highest earner on £75k/week. Barry and Rom are also on around that much. Give him parity with them.

I'm pretty certain he's on £50k mate. It was the reported figure at the time and I really don't think we'd have (at the time) paid a just-20-year-old £65k.

It depends though. If he is currently on that much, then yes I'd agree, it would be more than 70k. But either way, Baines is our highest earner on £75k/week. Barry and Rom are also on around that much. Give him parity with them.

I think you are talking a £80k - £100k a week for his next deal, you have to think this contract will take him to his mid-20's.

Assuming there are some embarrassed Evertonians at the moment after loads saying he would never make it and we should sell him lol. Suppose it's what you expect with some people though who have no concept of "form" in football.

It's the same with Lukaku. He's shown how talented he is so we clearly shouldn't write him off. The big difference at the moment is that Barkley has overcome his tough period and is on fire at the moment whereas unfortunately Lukaku is being far too lazy and isn't doing much for the team. Hopefully he'll rediscover scoring form and become the player we know he is capable of this season. We need him to start scoring.

Back to Barkley though. Yet another great finish from him on his weaker foot. He is just getting better and better. Not as effective all round last night but still got himself another goal. Him and Stones are vital for us as they can genuinely be two of Englands best players over the next 10 years.

Been just brilliant this season, the goal against Watford on the opening day was huge, his confidence has came on leaps and bounds week after week.

I have to admit I was having serious doubts about Ross at the end of last season, not in his ability but his football brain. This season, he's been a revelation and I'm happy to be proved wrong. It's as though someone has flicked a switch and rewired his 'decision making' circuit. Keep it up Ross lad. On another note, I think Ross and Del bring the best out of each other.

I have to admit I was having serious doubts about Ross at the end of last season, not in his ability but his football brain. This season, he's been a revelation and I'm happy to be proved wrong. It's as though someone has flicked a switch and rewired his 'decision making' circuit. Keep it up Ross lad. On another note, I think Ross and Del bring the best out of each other.

Said the same the other day abput deulofeu and ross stwpping his game up when he plays mate, quality brings out the best

I think the thing is that he still does make poor decisions sometimes and he is still learning but this season he's confident enough to try it again and again until it does work. Most of last year he looked terrified to play a through ball in case it didn't come off and whilst he was overthinking it he ended up getting caught in possession.

I love Ross and if he keeps confident he will be a top class midfielder.

You had those thoughts because he was mostly rubbish last season, with some great highlights mind you, but mostly rubbish.

This season he's justifying his massive hype and the love coming his way.

The kids an awesome player. Hopefully he's taking the step up from potential to the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back