Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came back from injury and the team SUCKED last season, so I did not take his play at the time to seriously. What you are seeing is an incredibly confident young player finally realizing his potential. Decision making may take a while to get where it needs to be, but he has grown leaps and bounds even in that department.

2a6a5hl.png

Ross give my sh** stained fingers a sniff.... classy.

The lad's playing well as he's in the right position and has others doing their jobs well (McCarthy, back 4) meaning when he does give it away we aren't punished like last year. Get Rom firing again and integrate the wingers and he can really flourish.

He came back from injury and the team SUCKED last season, so I did not take his play at the time to seriously. What you are seeing is an incredibly confident young player finally realizing his potential. Decision making may take a while to get where it needs to be, but he has grown leaps and bounds even in that department.
My worry last season was there was basically no pick up in form at all throughout the season. It might be the best thing that happens to him in his career though as he knows it isn't always going to go well and also knows you can come out of a bad run of form. Looks a player full of confidence at present and if he carries on playing like this then he can be whatever he wants to be. He is that good.

Can we at least combine the other thread with this one if you are going to shut that one down, I don't want all those gimps who slated him last season to get a free ride @Bruce Wayne @Woolly Blue @the esk @Groucho

....I make no apologies for being critical of him last season but I'm chuffed with his performances this time around, he's been the biggest positive as far as I'm concerned.

....I make no apologies for being critical of him last season but I'm chuffed with his performances this time around, he's been the biggest positive as far as I'm concerned.
I remember the fox vaulting all kinds out of you when you didn't see the talent there, you came around of course, but then fair play to you for sticking the boot in last season, again you've been proved wrong, but one should never post fearing the vaults, even if @FTY got the other thread shut down, becoming a real miser in his old age

I remember the fox vaulting all kinds out of you when you didn't see the talent there, you came around of course, but then fair play to you for sticking the boot in last season, again you've been proved wrong, but one should never post fearing the vaults, even if @FTY got the other thread shut down, becoming a real miser in his old age

..I don't think anybody failed to see the talent, the criticism was about his application and lack of consistency. He's been great this season but he needs to continue that form.

I've got no problem people criticizing his below par performances last season. They've no reson to feel foolish because he's playing really well now.

People who, on the other hand, were saying he's another Rodwell and that we should sell him, have every right to feel foolish now and even more so in the future.

..I don't think anybody failed to see the talent, the criticism was about his application and lack of consistency. He's been great this season but he needs to continue that form.
hmmm I can't quote because of that grass, but I'm pretty sure the post from you went ' over 100 pages on a lad who has shown very little, I don't see the talent', or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back