Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm I can't quote because of that grass, but I'm pretty sure the post from you went ' over 100 pages on a lad who has shown very little, I don't see the talent', or something like that

....sorry, Matey, are you talking a long time ago when Moyes wasn't playing him, if so I absolutely accept that I was sceptical. I watched him in a young England game and he was very poor against a lowly nation and got dragged off because a full back kept running past him. England lost the game.

No problem accepting that and chuffed with his performances of late. He's been great.

hmmm I can't quote because of that grass, but I'm pretty sure the post from you went ' over 100 pages on a lad who has shown very little, I don't see the talent', or something like that

Who grassed? Osman or Osman Fanboy Numero Uno?

I've got no problem people criticizing his below par performances last season. They've no reson to feel foolish because he's playing really well now
Yeah, football's about opinions, and I've disagreed with various critical opinions on Barkley, Mirallas and Jags without taking it personally. But criticise Leon Harvey Osman and various upset gimps come out the woodwork.

Last season he looked like a 16 year old who just bunked into his first nightclub, scared to stand out, scared to make a move and dead nervous about the other team doing stuff.

This season him, Stones and Jags are the first names on the team sheet every week. Brilliant man management and great personal drive shown to turn it around.

Barry Horne
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-horne-ross-barkleys-still-10138090

Of course, one of them was the deployment of Ross Barkley. He is having a great season and is creating goals and scoring goals, but his ideal position is, if not a number 10 which is the position in demand these days, then certainly as one of the midfield three. In time, he might with experience be good enough to be a creative force in a midfield two, but at the moment the extra space he gets in a three suits him best.

You get the sense that in a midfield two, he is conscious that he has to be more disciplined and much more aware of his positional play and the risks if he was to lose the ball with nothing behind him but the back four. If you ask somebody to be creative and take risks and create goals, that's a big responsibility in itself. Ross has taken that on this season and looked much more like the player that people were talking about him becoming 12-15 months ago. Just because he has played 100 games for Everton, people forget he is still only 21. He was one, for me, of the slight rounds pegs at Reading, and as soon he was given the assurance of Gareth Barry, it was almost like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders and he was set free.

I hate the naming/blaming thing on here. Ross is obviously an outrageously talented footballer who, for whatever reason, had a shocking season last time out. People criticised him. Including Eggs, who knows more than most on here, but he is a different player this season. Let's all enjoy his talent, as blues, and not snipe at each other for pointing out some deficiencies last term.
Boss Rarkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back