Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
'If he's going to be a real, serious candidate he'll have to threaten the people like James Milner, Fabian Delph, Jordan Henderson and Adam Lallana." Hodgson on Barkley.

Heavy.
honestly am fine with him not getting picked. gets a bit of rest and all playing for England does is sap the life out of players

I've said it before about Ross, he he has to learn to know when to keep hold of the ball, and know when to release it.

If he hasn't learned that by now(3 seasons), I'm afraid he never will. He always makes the same errors time and time again and again.

Since his first season he has barely progressed at all, and I think it has to do with his football intelligence. He is the opposite to Naismith.

Barkley is the same player that he was three years ago and I can't see him becoming a better player than he is at the moment.
He's fast, he's got good technique, he's strong, he can run with the ball, he has a powerfull shot, he is good at set pieces, he's got tons of natural talent but he isn't intelligent.
The thing is british football fans love a player that runs around like a headless chicken and Barkley is this kind of player.

Last edited:
If he hasn't learned that by now(3 seasons), I'm afraid he never will. He always makes the same errors time and time again and again.

Since his first season he has barely progressed at all, and I think it has to do with his football intelligent. He is the opposite to Naismith.

Barkley is the same player that he was three years ago and I can't see him becoming a better player than he is at the moment.
He's fast, he's got good technique, he's strong, he can run with the ball, he has a powerfull shot, he is good at set pieces, he's got tons of natural talent but he isn't intelligent.
The thing is british football fans love a player that runs around like a headless chicken and Barkley is this kind of player.

The biggest thing is he always gives the ball away in dangerous positions, he's just got to realise that sometimes the easiest ball is the best ball to play.

Did well, though faded late on. He has a swagger about him and some of his touches were class. I just hope he still has plenty of development to progress through because he has the potential to be one hell of a player.

.....daughter just left mine, driven along Queens Drive through Walton as the fans are leaving. She's just messaged to say she didn't see a single red shirt. Not one. She's amazed.

Since his first season he has barely progressed at all, and I think it has to do with his football intelligence. He is the opposite to Naismith.

If you can't see the improvement he's made in his decision making this season, then I pity you.
He didn't have his greatest game but he certainly wasn't poor, he out of all our players has an eye for a ball forward, looks to spread play and add tempo to our game. It didn't all come off for him today but he still played well. We just need the right players on the pitch to link up with him and provide him with intelligent movement and clever touches so that he isn't the only one trying to move the ball and make space. Miss Pienaar in that regard significantly.

I totally agree, I reckon he would be a lot better in centre mid however

He should have at least hit the target with that 20 yarder. That was his moment to arrive in this fixture. The ball just never moved back in sadly.

If you can't see the improvement he's made in his decision making this season, then I pity you.
He didn't have his greatest game but he certainly wasn't poor, he out of all our players has an eye for a ball forward, looks to spread play and add tempo to our game. It didn't all come off for him today but he still played well. We just need the right players on the pitch to link up with him and provide him with intelligent movement and clever touches so that he isn't the only one trying to move the ball and make space. Miss Pienaar in that regard significantly.
I think people tend to think he hasn't developed that much because so much was expected of him. I think your right though, he needs a certain type of team to shine and doesn't do amazing solo things like players such as Sanchez Ronny or Hazard...he'd fit in well at Arsenal

I think people tend to think he hasn't developed that much because so much was expected of him. I think your right though, he needs a certain type of team to shine and doesn't do amazing solo things like players such as Sanchez Ronny or Hazard
He does but in the middle of the park usually, some of the turns he pulls off are just magical. Needs to continue to develop the goals side to his game, get him on the phone with Timmy Cahill on making runs into the box, as well as developing a bit more defensive discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back