Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley needs to shoot a little more. He doesn't take advantage of the space players give him sometimes, and even if the shot is saved he keeps the goalie honest. I did like his little finesse later in the game; it's a shame it didn't come off.

Thought he played well all in all. Some nice touches and was the only player comfortable when bringing it forward. Made mistakes of course. Main problem today was most of Lukaku's good work was in vain as we were too deep. Should maybe have started Kone today as they seem to be developing a good understanding together.

If he hasn't learned that by now(3 seasons), I'm afraid he never will. He always makes the same errors time and time again and again.

Since his first season he has barely progressed at all, and I think it has to do with his football intelligence. He is the opposite to Naismith.

Barkley is the same player that he was three years ago and I can't see him becoming a better player than he is at the moment.
He's fast, he's got good technique, he's strong, he can run with the ball, he has a powerfull shot, he is good at set pieces, he's got tons of natural talent but he isn't intelligent.

If there's one thing a player can learn as he gets older, it's intelligence.

If he hasn't learned that by now(3 seasons), I'm afraid he never will. He always makes the same errors time and time again and again.

Since his first season he has barely progressed at all, and I think it has to do with his football intelligence. He is the opposite to Naismith.

Barkley is the same player that he was three years ago and I can't see him becoming a better player than he is at the moment.
He's fast, he's got good technique, he's strong, he can run with the ball, he has a powerfull shot, he is good at set pieces, he's got tons of natural talent but he isn't intelligent.
The thing is british football fans love a player that runs around like a headless chicken and Barkley is this kind of player.
Naismith!?? Not much point in having intelligence if you haven't got the ability to go with it. And Barkley runs round like a headless chicken? I never see him running mate.

The best midfielder on the pitch today. Fantastic player. Needs to be played deeper so he can run the game, he is wasted pushed up next to lukaku.

Head and shoulders above all the creative players on the pitch, class player who we should enjoy and hope he stays to take us to the next level.

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back