Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infuriating at times like near the end when all he had to do was square it across. But the lad has it all, hopefully it all comes together soon.

I didn't watch the game, but did it look like he benefited with having our two most mobile DM's in Gueye & McCarthy behind him, freeing him up to concentrate on his build up play more?

Koeman was pleased with his contribution after the thrilling 2-1 win over Arsenal tonight.

He said: "He was one of the players who started nervous. But everybody knows Ross can be a fantastic player.

"What he showed after 20 minutes? He was strong, aggressive, kept the ball in midfield and normally if he does this - he will start.

"In the Premier League you always need to be aggressive."

One of our better players despite recieving the dog's abuse from our fans all game.

Just keep at it Ross lad, our midfield is so much better with you in it.

I didn't watch the game, but did it look like he benefited with having our two most mobile DM's in Gueye & McCarthy behind him, freeing him up to concentrate on his build up play more?

I think he had a lot more freedom to go looking for the ball tonight. Much easier for him to play himself into the game that way.

He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders with that number 10 role and it's such a difficult one to play without movement around you and when the team is playing poorly. Just look at Ozil tonight and how ineffectual he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back