Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
much better as a central midfielder, never has been nor will be a number 10.

Agree but the problem is that he hasnt got the defensive discipline to play in a 2 - his midfield partner would be completely exposed, so needs 2 defensive minded players next to him.

If one of them is Barry, it doesnt really work either as he is tactically excellent but hasnt got the legs. It worked tonight as Gana and McCarthy had the legs and pace to cover a vast amount of ground.

Agree but the problem is that he hasnt got the defensive discipline to play in a 2 - his midfield partner would be completely exposed, so needs 2 defensive minded players next to him.

If one of them is Barry, it doesnt really work either as he is tactically excellent but hasnt got the legs. It worked tonight as Gana and McCarthy had the legs and pace to cover a vast amount of ground.

100% this. Please keep this team Koeman until January Barry should be nowhere near the starting 11.

No we need another box to box to complement Gaye

I thought it was interesting to see McCarthy actually spending a lot of the game further forward than Ross, using his energy and pace to defend from the front and unsettle Arsenals passing. Ross could then make things happen with a little more time and space from a deeper role. I liked it. He's incredibly good at opening up an angle for a pass in the middle of the pitch.

I thought it was interesting to see McCarthy actually spending a lot of the game further forward than Ross, using his energy and pace to defend from the front and unsettle Arsenals passing. Ross could then make things happen with a little more time and space from a deeper role. I liked it. He's incredibly good at opening up an angle for a pass in the middle of the pitch.
Very true it's because he can go either way so is very diffucult to press & dispose him particularly when everything is in front of him.

A point for all the fools who don't rate him pogba got a 90 million transfer due to playing in a system that suits him with two compatible centre mids.
play Ross in a 3 with Gueye & schneidrlin please Ronald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back