Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stat I read yesterday, before last nights game he had created 10 more chances for other players than anyone else in the team. Not bad considering he hasn't been at his highest standard, and hasn't featured at all in some games. Just a shame that many of those chances haven't been finished.

When he plays well we generally do too. We're better on the ball with him in midfield. But it was great to see some aggression and pressing and the couple of tackles he made were key too.

It's off the ball were I think he needs to improve most. He just labours through games when we're not in possession. Massive difference last night as he chased everything. I though he had a great game.

Oh this all day. Nobody has mentioned this....just the odd time he lost it. That through ball for kev....if Ozil had played that ball!!
if you look at the replay when Ross got that ball Chech was back in front of him and a defender behind him - his pass was poor, but it was not a clean break away if you look Lukaku had to fight to get the ball letting the keeper back other than that I still believe we can build the team around this lad!

Boss doing well yesterday. Couple of moments I thought he could've taken more responsibility, however that was particularly early into the game when everyone was struggling for twenty minutes or so. After that, he was passing the ball both quickly and accurately for the majority of the match and also moving into open/wanting areas.

Get some more shots popped off Ross, you have it in you!

Last night was the best I've seen him play in about 3 years. When he plays like that you can see he is head and shoulders above most midfielders in the premier league because of the range of talents he has. He ran the game from about minute 30 onwards.

He can pass, run with the ball, power past people, thread through balls, pass short and long as well as tackle. There are very few midfielders you watch who have all of the skills he does. He also looks far happier and more natural playing in a deeper role where he is centrally involved, almost like he thrives on the responsibility. At number 10 he looks lost and has no idea how to maximise the extra freedom he has.

The key for Barkley now, is to add consistency to his game. Forget Alli or even Lallana if he can consistently play close to the level last night he is streets ahead of any English midfield player. Hopefully the penny dropped last night for him, but also for Koeman in how to utilise him.

he lost control of the ball but went thundering back in to win it back, it was a turning point for him and the team, lifted the crowd, McCarthy instantly flew into a tackle, Rom started moving - It was Neville on Ronaldo all over again

he lost control of the ball but went thundering back in to win it back, it was a turning point for him and the team, lifted the crowd, McCarthy instantly flew into a tackle, Rom started moving - It was Neville on Ronaldo all over again

Besic on toure was the most recent example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back