Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look at the replay when Ross got that ball Chech was back in front of him and a defender behind him - his pass was poor, but it was not a clean break away if you look Lukaku had to fight to get the ball letting the keeper back other than that I still believe we can build the team around this lad!

I meant the through ball from Ross that split the defence and Kev could not quite get to it, was Boss.

Cant see them needing him, they have Del Ali to feed Kane, but I would take that 35 if true, alot of money that with 18 month left on his contract
Ali may have good stats for assists but erikssen is the Tottenham creator alli is a hard working runner a cracking player but completely different skill set to Ross

Barkley and Lukaku are still raw talents I think.
On two occasions each was through on the ball and elected to shoot from an angle rather than cross to free men in the middle.
I know strikers are supposed to be a bit selfish but still.

I really doubt we're interested unless Pochettino or Levy have heard they can get him at a cut down price. I really like Barkley actually if he honed his game in the right direction I reckon he could be a great player.

He should be modelling his game on Dembele (our one), he has great touch, ball retention, press resistance and can beat a man, his main weakness is a lack of vision. Playing deeper he could create a ton of space by drawing in opposition to create space. He would need to improve his defensive game though.

I really doubt we're interested unless Pochettino or Levy have heard they can get him at a cut down price. I really like Barkley actually if he honed his game in the right direction I reckon he could be a great player.

He should be modelling his game on Dembele (our one), he has great touch, ball retention, press resistance and can beat a man, his main weakness is a lack of vision. Playing deeper he could create a ton of space by drawing in opposition to create space. He would need to improve his defensive game though.
Completely agree good assessment. I think his bench time with Koemans poor treatment of him added to some of our fans inability to recognise his talent have given your guys a sniff of a bargain.

By the way Barkley would eclipse dembele if he did as you say love demebele think he is fantastic but his goals & assist don't match his ability top top player though

He won't be leaving.

We should offer him a new deal by the end of the season at the least though, as much as he still needs to improve. Showed yesterday the correct role for him imo.

He did look quality two years ago, has obvious talent but rarely shows it these days.
We never miss him when he doesn't play. Koeman's kick up the arse hasn't worked so would be very happy to see him leave,
sooner the better really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back