Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt we're interested unless Pochettino or Levy have heard they can get him at a cut down price. I really like Barkley actually if he honed his game in the right direction I reckon he could be a great player.

He should be modelling his game on Dembele (our one), he has great touch, ball retention, press resistance and can beat a man, his main weakness is a lack of vision. Playing deeper he could create a ton of space by drawing in opposition to create space. He would need to improve his defensive game though.

Still got room to mould him as a player and you'd be a lot stronger as a team than having Sissoko and youth players to rely on.

Honestly think he'd give both Eriksen and Ali a bit of competition. He could do either job but if different ways (directness, counter attacking, pace).

He'd also have support of better players around him. Something we don't have.

It's a tricky one with regards to his contract because I am sure his people will be pushing for him to be one of the top earners on a new contract, yet his performances have been nowhere near the best in the squad.

I'd like to see him given a new 4/5 year deal, but not as top earner. His value will remain high for a couple of seasons even if he doesn't progress exactly as expected, so a new contract isn't a massive risk, but it's getting the wage right that may be tricky. Too low an offer and he won't sign, too high and you'll have loads of players in the squad asking for parity.

Think the other day proved once and for all that he's a number 8, not 10. So much better with the game happening in front of him, when he drives forward they won't know whether he'll pass or skip past them.

Playing Gana in the Carsley role ahead of the defence, but behind say Schneiderlin and Barkley would be a thing of beauty. Lot of magic there.

Think the other day proved once and for all that he's a number 8, not 10. So much better with the game happening in front of him, when he drives forward they won't know whether he'll pass or skip past them.

Playing Gana in the Carsley role ahead of the defence, but behind say Schneiderlin and Barkley would be a thing of beauty. Lot of magic there.

With an (in-form) McCarthy able to cover / provide comp for two of those positions, and Barry as another alternative. Davies coming through as well, and Besic set to return from injury.

Basically, bin Clev. If we could get rid of Gibbo that'd be a bonus too.

With an (in-form) McCarthy able to cover / provide comp for two of those positions, and Barry as another alternative. Davies coming through as well, and Besic set to return from injury.

Basically, bin Clev. If we could get rid of Gibbo that'd be a bonus too.

McCarthy has a future here if he wants it, just about attitude with him. Agreed on Davies too, looks a cracking young player. Reckon this is Barry's last season with us though and same for Besic. I'd of loved Besic to make it here but injuries seem to be conspiring against him and I can't see it now.

Oh and those other 2 are already dead to me, I don't even consider them Everton players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back