Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs aren't serious about Barkley, surely?
the story is by Telegraph journalist Matt Law who has previously sold John Stones to Chelsea for 35million, Leighton Baines to United for 15million, Lukaku to United for 35million, Kevin Mirallas to West Ham for 8Million, and most recently James McCarthy to Spurs for 20Million. based on his track record with our players I'd suggest his Everton source is about as reliable as Darron Gibson's legs!

Kevin Nolan saying Barkley going to Spurs would be a great career move the absolute scruff, talking up a transfer.

If they really want Barkley (Which they dont) then Alli or Eriksen in return, simple.

There's jarg rumours and there's jarg rumours.

Kevin Nolan saying Barkley going to Spurs would be a great career move the absolute scruff, talking up a transfer.

If they really want Barkley (Which they dont) then Alli or Eriksen in return, simple.

the speed one blag journo's bollox evolves is incredible. Just seen the scum are saying Koeman wants rid of Barkley in Jan and is welcoming bids.

Lifelong Liverpool fan and the most cockney Scouser of all time Kevin Nolan encourages Barkley to leave Everton SHOCKER!

If Barkley did leave us for Spurs i'd question his mentality and his stomach for the fight. Even as an Evertonian, I will admit that at this moment in time, Spurs are in a much better place than Everton. I can fully understand a non-Evertonian such as Gueye or Coleman seeing them as a step up, because currently it is.

But Barkley is an Evertonian and he can achieve moments here that he'd remember for the rest of his life. As I said earlier, it's not Arsenal or Chelsea who are being discussed, who have won loads in the last 10-15 years (Chelsea), and are almost always playing in the CL. In Barkley's lifetime, Spurs have won the League Cup twice and that is all. They won't be in the CL next season and therefore, his time will most likely be spent playing in the Europa League which is something that Everton can easily aim for in the next season or two themselves.

Why would he go to a club that's similar to Everton, especially for failing to win anything of note during his lifetime, to go and play in the Europa League most seasons? Obviously Koeman's criticised him but that has been justified and he would be extremely deluded to think everything would be rosy and he'd be immune from being dropped or criticised if he joined Tottenham.

If Barkley did leave us for Spurs i'd question his mentality and his stomach for the fight. Even as an Evertonian, I will admit that at this moment in time, Spurs are in a much better place than Everton. I can fully understand a non-Evertonian such as Gueye or Coleman seeing them as a step up, because currently it is.

But Barkley is an Evertonian and he can achieve moments here that he'd remember for the rest of his life. As I said earlier, it's not Arsenal or Chelsea who are being discussed, who have won loads in the last 10-15 years (Chelsea), and are almost always playing in the CL. In Barkley's lifetime, Spurs have won the League Cup twice and that is all. They won't be in the CL next season and therefore, his time will most likely be spent playing in the Europa League which is something that Everton can easily aim for in the next season or two themselves.

Why would he go to a club that's similar to Everton, especially for failing to win anything of note during his lifetime, to go and play in the Europa League most seasons? Obviously Koeman's criticised him but that has been justified and he would be extremely deluded to think everything would be rosy and he'd be immune from being dropped or criticised if he joined Tottenham.

Maybe to take the emotion away form his job, and concentrate on becoming better, for himself.

When the crowd gets on his back, he will care more than say it was Spurs fans. Because we are his mates/family and him.

I doubt even Rooney would have gone on to be anywhere near as good he is, had he stayed with us.

the story is by Telegraph journalist Matt Law who has previously sold John Stones to Chelsea for 35million, Leighton Baines to United for 15million, Lukaku to United for 35million, Kevin Mirallas to West Ham for 8Million, and most recently James McCarthy to Spurs for 20Million. based on his track record with our players I'd suggest his Everton source is about as reliable as Darron Gibson's legs!

...seems to cover the London teams, perhaps his source is Spurs connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back