Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe to take the emotion away form his job, and concentrate on becoming better, for himself.

When the crowd gets on his back, he will care more than say it was Spurs fans. Because we are his mates/family and him.

I doubt even Rooney would have gone on to be anywhere near as good he is, had he stayed with us.

But as I said then in my last post, he's not got what it takes to become the player we want him to be if that's his reason for leaving. It's about time he stood up to be counted. He did that the other night with one very simple moment. He stupidly lost the ball, and immediately instead of switching off, he snapped in to a block/tackle and then McCarthy did as well which set us Lennon on his way and we never looked back after that point.

There will be tough moments for players at every club. If he did leave and his reasons for leaving Everton was for trophies or CL football then I understand it, if a club that could offer him that came in for him.

But Spurs can't offer him that. 2 league cups in the 23 years Barkley has been alive is not a successful team and they won't be playing CL football next season in my opinion.

But as I said then in my last post, he's not got what it takes to become the player we want him to be if that's his reason for leaving. It's about time he stood up to be counted. He did that the other night with one very simple moment. He stupidly lost the ball, and immediately instead of switching off, he snapped in to a block/tackle and then McCarthy did as well which set us Lennon on his way and we never looked back after that point.

There will be tough moments for players at every club. If he did leave and his reasons for leaving Everton was for trophies or CL football then I understand it, if a club that could offer him that came in for him.

But Spurs can't offer him that. 2 league cups in the 23 years Barkley has been alive is not a successful team and they won't be playing CL football next season in my opinion.

Who has ?? Who has become "the player WE want them to be" ??

Had Rooney stayed, he would he been destroyed by our fans too.

Getting away from us to get better to me IS showing ambition.

As long as we get a silly price !!

He is in that time of contract if it does not extend he will get sold, that would be just prudent business.
Personally always in two minds with Barkley. Against Arsenal like the rest of team he was effective and did the job, he evidently scares many opposition managers, however, can look lethalgic and half arsed at times. I believe his stats stand up to both Lampard and Gerrard at the same age?

Who has ?? Who has become "the player WE want them to be" ??

Had Rooney stayed, he would he been destroyed by our fans too.

Getting away from us to get better to me IS showing ambition.

One that fulfils his potential which he is 100% not doing at the moment, due to a variety of things, most of them of which he only has himself to blame for.

Poor decision making, lack of effort, shirking aerial challenges when he's 6'2 and well built, being lazy, poor execution on through balls and when we're on a counter attack. And then as you have mentioned, other factors that are not as much his fault, like playing in a poor team with no confidence, or the media and our negative fans getting on his back for any sort of mistake and because a lot of them love to run our players down.

I have defended Barkley loads on here, and for me he is a crucial player for us, but he has to become a man on the pitch. Some of the performances last season and this have bordered on disgusting in terms of mistakes and a lack of effort and there is no excuse for it.

I've seen you defend him loads on here, and we've had discussions in the past about him and it seems to me he can do no wrong in your eyes. Is that fair or not, as I will back down if I am wrong? But from memory you have never criticised him even when he's deserved it.

I did think he was great on Tuesday by the way and thought he did great to get the crowd back on side after a shaky start and giving up possession stupidly before that double tackle from him and McCarthy. His skill and drives forward were excellent and his ball for the Williams header was as good as you can get. So I am not running him down for the sake of it like a lot of our fans like to do.

Ross is the best player in England at what he does, but because he doesn't do it week in week out......like every single one of our players (Gueye excluded) some fans want to see him gone.
We cry out for talent like his and will no doubt be looking to by this type of talent over the next few windows

But yeh lets get back to yard dogs like Straq,Hibbert,Cleverley and Neville because they gave 100% every game but where actually cack

One that fulfils his potential which he is 100% not doing at the moment, due to a variety of things, most of them of which he only has himself to blame for.

Poor decision making, lack of effort, shirking aerial challenges when he's 6'2 and well built, being lazy, poor execution on through balls and when we're on a counter attack. And then as you have mentioned, other factors that are not as much his fault, like playing in a poor team with no confidence, or the media and our negative fans getting on his back for any sort of mistake and because a lot of them love to run our players down.

I have defended Barkley loads on here, and for me he is a crucial player for us, but he has to become a man on the pitch. Some of the performances last season and this have bordered on disgusting in terms of mistakes and a lack of effort and there is no excuse for it.

I've seen you defend him loads on here, and we've had discussions in the past about him and it seems to me he can do no wrong in your eyes. Is that fair or not, as I will back down if I am wrong? But from memory you have never criticised him even when he's deserved it.

I did think he was great on Tuesday by the way and thought he did great to get the crowd back on side after a shaky start and giving up possession stupidly before that double tackle from him and McCarthy. His skill and drives forward were excellent and his ball for the Williams header was as good as you can get. So I am not running him down for the sake of it like a lot of our fans like to do.

How dare he be 23, how very dare he!!!

I want our young lads to be able to express themselves, make mistakes and learn from them with the view that from 26-32 they will be as complete as they can be.

I wont criticise any young players really, older and supposed complete players at their peak is a different matter.

Rather than just blurting out things when a player may or may not be playing well, I would rather look at why they do it, but I would rather look at what they can do very well.

23 is very young for any player, but even younger for a central midfielder where you need the most intelligence and in game "know how". and that comes with time and patience.

He showed what role he has to have in the team to fulfil his potential now though IMO.

Get him in a central three, with Gueye sweeping behind and a box to box player next to him (Schneiderlin would be boss, or an in-form McCarthy) and let him have the space he now needs.

It's very easy to go missing in a No.10 role when you've got 2-3 defenders on you every time, but that can't happen in a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1

Id actually like it to be half true that hes going,the amount of abuse he gets is un called for,same with Lukaku,instead of being glad of having top talent some fans just have to pick away,roll on the day we have Cleverley and Long leading us to glory

He wouldn't get near the Spurs starting eleven

Like Winks and Sissoko do?

IF he was to reach potential, he needs to be playing for a side at the top of the table.

The example of him having similar stats of Lampard and Gerrard etc at his age only really improve if he players with better players at a higher level like they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back