Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
With an (in-form) McCarthy able to cover / provide comp for two of those positions, and Barry as another alternative. Davies coming through as well, and Besic set to return from injury.

Basically, bin Clev. If we could get rid of Gibbo that'd be a bonus too.

I'm guessing here that Dzagoev is an actual target mate, his versatility and workrate would seem to me anyway to have ticked all the boxes for Walsh on what a Koeman system player would need.

Can see him being a target for the left side spot

As much as he gets lambasted on here sometimes, and I have been critical of him myself recently, I think a little part of me would be destroyed if we sold Ross without seeing him fulfil his potential at Everton.

It would probably only last about an hour though and i'd soon latch my affections onto another potential let down.

I'm guessing here that Dzagoev is an actual target mate, his versatility and workrate would seem to me anyway to have ticked all the boxes for Walsh on what a Koeman system player would need.

Can see him being a target for the left side spot

You reckon we'd bring in both him and Schneiderlin in the same window?

I know they're different types of players, mind.

Think the other day proved once and for all that he's a number 8, not 10. So much better with the game happening in front of him, when he drives forward they won't know whether he'll pass or skip past them.

Playing Gana in the Carsley role ahead of the defence, but behind say Schneiderlin and Barkley would be a thing of beauty. Lot of magic there.
I think that's been really obvious regards having the game in front of him, but it's having the balls to let him develop there, and as you say the support players

Its paper talk. Spurs already has Dembele, Sissoko, Delle Ali, Erikson, Wanyama, Dier, Lamela and Son all who can play from midfield up to supportr Kane. They've now been linked with Barkley, Depay and Zaha in the last 2 days. Strength in depth is great and all that but unless they are shipping out 2 or 3 of the players they won't be singing anyone.
The Barkley story is click bait.

I think that's been really obvious regards having the game in front of him, but it's having the balls to let him develop there, and as you say the support players

Think having Gana in there behind him means we don't need to have the balls to play him there, he's got a safety net now. I still suspect he'll be shunted into the #10 position repeatedly though.

You reckon we'd bring in both him and Schneiderlin in the same window?

I know they're different types of players, mind.

Don't see any reason why not mate, as you said both very different players and dzagoev has such versatility that he can provide depth and competition at 3-4 positions and can fit into any formation we may use.

Combined fee would be 30-35m for both which these days is a steal.

Straight swap for sissokko
8401624499_88ab3bdca4_b.jpg

Funny how on the week leading to a game against one of the media darlings (RS, Utd or one of the Cockney sides) one of our top players is set to leave. It's normally Rom but now that Kopite rat Nolan along with the media wants Barkley to join Spurs.

Not worried either way sounds like it's his agent pushing for a new deal. Ross will sign it and we'll be flying in the new year COYB.

At this moment in time, no local Evertonian would ever want to join Spurs from Everton. Just like no local Tottenham fan would want to come here.

Chelsea or Arsenal is a different matter due to what they've achieved over the past 10-15 years.

Not too arsed anyway though. I want Barkley to stay, and fully believe he will, but if he goes, we will move on as we always do and like every club does when they lose a talented player.

Meh. Obviously a ruse to get him a better deal. He won't be going anywhere.

Agreed!!

Lets use the dip in form and the fact that Ron has given him a bit of grief lately and add that to the media tripe surrounding the England squads to whip up a bit more media tripe to whip up some fume and secure the AGENT an even bigger pay day.

Agreed!!

Lets use the dip in form and the fact that Ron has given him a bit of grief lately and add that to the media tripe surrounding the England squads to whip up a bit more media tripe to whip up some fume and secure the AGENT an even bigger pay day.

Or he knows he's not going to be 1st choice and would want to move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back