Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let me clarify then.... Those of us who want Barkley to succeed, and are actually supportive of our players. We have 2 types of fan and loads of them plague this forum. The ones who only post negatively all the time probably expect him to be perfect. There is then a vast majority who fall in to the second category who want the players to succeed and have different expectations from him.

I disagree that i've contradicted myself though. You said you "won't criticise young players" and I think that's the wrong mentality to have. It's also why he regressed as a player after 10 good games at the start of last season because that attitude from Martinez indulged him, and allowed him to be lazy and not put in 100% effort. When playing poorly he could have tried harder off the ball. But a combination of not wanting to, and Martinez telling him it was OK, has hindered his development and allowed the fans to get on his back.

Saying he has only had 2 poor games is ridiculous as well, he's had loads. And your comment about being instructed to not track back for 3 years as if that's acceptable, and the fact that he never openly challenged that ridiculous flaw in managerial judgement from Martinez is why he is not at the level a lot were expecting him to be at this stage in his career.

Again though, he has a lot of top class attributes to his game, and they are a huge positive to the team. Some of his touches and play on the ball on Tuesday were top class.

Ok, what we do as fans and what the manager does are mutually exclusive.
Koeman has to be the teacher/Boss and be strict as its his job, we support the players and the team.

Its not ridiculous, its true. He has been no worse than older pro's that have not had any criticism.

Ross was doing what Martinez wanted, and if it has stalled his progression then its Bobbys fault. Had Ross made a big sing and dance and demanded a move, fans would have gone mad at him for that too!!!

We have a compulsion to obsess over the things young players cant do, rather than when they can do, in this country.

I've said it before, I get more stick from other fans about how we treat Ross more than any other thing.

By the way, his touch to control Rom's chest-down and set himself up for the shot was absolutely class. Exactly what he needs to do when making runs onto the striker.

Couldn't blame him if he does end up leaving .... I've never seen an Everton player under such pressure from fans who demand perfection every single week .... Ross is one of us and still we choose to constantly criticise and highlight what he can't do ... think it's a shame the way he gets treated at times but our fanbase in the last 3 years have become so demanding

Come on fellas, he's going nowhere.

It's the same writers who said he'd have to leave because he's so good then two days later said he's been rather poor this season. A MOTM performance against the Arse and they can claim they're right again and he's getting his big money move.

His contracts coming up and he'll get a decent renewal.

Another good performance against the Trickys on Monday and all the Haters can get back to their Ma's back room, asking for more Chicken Dinosaurs and Smilie Faces for their tea.

Come on fellas, he's going nowhere.

It's the same writers who said he'd have to leave because he's so good then two days later said he's been rather poor this season. A MOTM performance against the Arse and they can claim they're right again and he's getting his big money move.

His contracts coming up and he'll get a decent renewal.

Another good performance against the Trickys on Monday and all the Haters can get back to their Ma's back room, asking for more Chicken Dinosaurs and Smilie Faces for their tea.

Hearing he is off to Spurs mate, £35m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back