Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased he had such a good game the other day, and hope he keeps it up, as I did the last time he had a good game after being dropped.

I think he's been largely average and sometimes worse this season with little in the way of mitigating factors. Lukaku often has poor games with back to goal but then scores a brace in it, which at the end of the day is his job above all else, so you have to say he has done well. If Barkley was largely anonymous and then did similar with goals and assists, I'd be made up with him. However, he has 2 goals and 2 assists in 15 despite being a set-piece taker and a number 10.

He's now 23 and the derby will be his 150th appearance for club and country (excluding loan spells). He's actually a pretty experienced player now. If he doesn't score he'll have just 20 goals to those appearances and probably a similarly low number of assists. It's clear a player that talented could be doing a lot better, which i think is where the frustration comes from.

Kevin Nolan advising him to join Spurs on Twitter. Not sure why his opinion counts for anything.

Never been called an Eton toff before. I like it.

Would you want Barkley mate?

I mean im not sure how often you watch him, but personally im struggling to think of whos place in your side he would take.

I'd sell for big money, 35 M i wouldn't even entertain. Looks like we may have to be sell to buy judging by from the summer, I'd at least hold out for 45 if we have to sell to fund our transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back