Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stick the lad gets from some people behind me and around the ground is laughable . I'd advise him to leave,
to start to enjoy his football again , In the words of someone or other,you don't know what you've got till its gone

Dislike Tottenham, their fans have massive delusions of grandeur too even entertain this

They have won no titles in 50+ years and because some Argentine ex Southampton manager comes in they think they can win the league, laughable.

They was this bad when they had bale and Modric also. Horrible Tories will finish 5th-7th this year and want their manager sacked because he punched above their weight and got 3rd year before.

Puts in a good performance against a London media darling team, cockney journo has him sold a few days later.

Nothing to see

Its the Standard mate so wouldn't bother taking notice

Remember in the summer they said that Lukaku was going to Chelsea and insisting it was done

Dislike Tottenham, their fans have massive delusions of grandeur too even entertain this

They have won no titles in 50+ years and because some Argentine ex Southampton manager comes in they think they can win the league, laughable.

They were this bad when they had bale and Modric also. Horrible Tories will finish 5th-7th this year and want their manager sacked because he punched above their weight and got 3rd the year before.

This pretty much. As far as my most disliked clubs in the Prem go, Tottenham are way up there with West Ham and of course that lot. Apparently a big club because they finished 3rd in a 2 horse race and field half the team that got beat by cashiers and bankers at Euro 2016.

Sky say they're bigger than us too. It's laughable mate.

He have something I can't explain. As a neutral viewer I would say he is a great talent that never will shine, but as a fan I would keep him. (And wait to become great player for a 10 years more).

If he had of scored instead of passing it would have caused a pitch invasion.

I've watched it back repeatedly and still can't wrap my head around why he didn't just side foot it first time into the empty net. Or why Lukaku didn't lob it in when the keeper was still in the centre circle scampering back. That whole passage of play was just comical.

Couldn't blame him if he does end up leaving .... I've never seen an Everton player under such pressure from fans who demand perfection every single week .... Ross is one of us and still we choose to constantly criticise and highlight what he can't do ... think it's a shame the way he gets treated at times but our fanbase in the last 3 years have become so demanding

Complete and utter guff, all of that. He gets "treated" the same and measured up to the same standards as any other senior player, the only difference is no one starts cry arsing and spitting their dummy out when other players get criticised for bad performances. It's people like you who actually inadvertently heap more pressure on the lad, by wanting him constantly mollycoddled and protected like an infant.

I'm pleased he had such a good game the other day, and hope he keeps it up, as I did the last time he had a good game after being dropped.

I think he's been largely average and sometimes worse this season with little in the way of mitigating factors. Lukaku often has poor games with back to goal but then scores a brace in it, which at the end of the day is his job above all else, so you have to say he has done well. If Barkley was largely anonymous and then did similar with goals and assists, I'd be made up with him. However, he has 2 goals and 2 assists in 15 despite being a set-piece taker and a number 10.

He's now 23 and the derby will be his 150th appearance for club and country (excluding loan spells). He's actually a pretty experienced player now. If he doesn't score he'll have just 20 goals to those appearances and probably a similarly low number of assists. It's clear a player that talented could be doing a lot better, which i think is where the frustration comes from.

Great post mate

Complete and utter guff, all of that. He gets "treated" the same and measured up to the same standards as any other senior player, the only difference is no one starts cry arsing and spitting their dummy out when other players get criticised for bad performances. It's people like you who actually inadvertently heap more pressure on the lad, by wanting him constantly mollycoddled and protected like an infant.
Come on I appreciate the sentiment of what your saying but your 100% wrong. Crystal Palace game after 10 minutes he hit a fantastic cross field pass over the full backs head to Coleman the minute it left his foot the idiot next to me shouts that's sh*te Barkley crap him.

The idiot the other side of me then spends the whole game saying how he is completely finished as he has no pace.

The truth of the matter is the average fan simply doesn't know football and would rather cheer a crunching tackle than a class player like Barkley it's an inconvenient truth.

I have other examples too of people salting him for no reason my brother in law left the match twice as he was going to end up fighting over it with idiots slating him all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back