Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not be enamoured with RKmas one good win in ten the jury's still out on Him IMO-
Stones sold no great loss - Ross IMO will blossom into a great midfielder if we support him with better midfielders if we have to sell our young assets, and keep our oap players it's a sad state of affairs as Lukaku will be gone too!
Selling to buy seems to be still the clubs direction even with an alledged 100 million transfer budget from Morishi
If top players go and believe you me Ross would blossom in any top midfield it's a slippery slope and the fans will realise the big errors in RKs ways to anounce Lakaku was too good for us he has hardly run since Tuesdays performance!
IMO,the jury is still out on RK if Ross is sold and we slump, and he blossoms elsewhere it's a very bad message to send out to most Evertonians IMO!

....it's all a matter of opinion, Joey, and the one that matters most is RKs. It's looking likely he's not a huge admirer of Barkleys, I think if he was he'd be surely looking to tie his contract down sooner. As far as I'm concerned we've been going nowhere fast for many years, I'm sitting on the fence with Koeman but he has to be given time to build his own team playing his style of play. If that brings success nobody will complain, if it doesn't he'll be sacked.

Time will tell.

....after the window Barkley could well slip down the pecking order.
Why with pensionairs in the team particularly Barry who is finished IMO booked all the time so slow all this proves to me we are still skint!
Selling Ross is just another youth starlet out the door the damage RK may do is worrying at least RM signed the youth up not get rid of them to keep over 30 players is insanity on top,wages too!

Why with pensionairs in the team particularly Barry who is finished IMO booked all the time so slow all this proves to me we are still skint!
Selling Ross is just another youth starlet out the door the damage RK may do is worrying at least RM signed the youth up not get rid of them to keep over 30 players is insanity on top,wages too!

...he might not be sold in this window, Joey, but he could slip down the pecking order if the club bring players in RK prefers. As for selling youth starlets, this one would be a bit different as both Rooney and Stones wanted to leave. Other than recent Spurs links I'm not aware of any managers queueing to buy Barkley.

...he might not be sold in this window, Joey, but he could slip down the pecking order if the club bring players in RK prefers. As for selling youth starlets, this one would be a bit different as both Rooney and Stones wanted to leave. Other than recent Spurs links I'm not aware of any managers queueing to buy Barkley.
I think your optimistic on how many class mid fielders of the RB Moldova we will get in - we need a clear out IMO deadwood
MaCarthy- Gibson- the Keeper- Jags- Barry if we can now get a fee- Mageedy - and Cleverly!
That's a lot of wages and deadwood IMO!

I think your optimistic on how many class mid fielders of the RB Moldova we will get in - we need a clear out IMO deadwood
MaCarthy- Gibson- the Keeper- Jags- Barry if we can now get a fee- Mageedy - and Cleverly!
I think Barry's just signed a new contract? McCarthy was everywhere the other night against Arsenal, might not be the best footballer but with Gueye playing alongside him, think he might do well. Agree on the rest tho!

...I'm not disagreeing Joey, I'm just trying to look at the reality. Saying that, it's only an assumption. I'm assuming RK isn't happy with Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lennon or McCarthy to name a few. He clearly can't get rid of them all immediately but I assume he plans to bring in players he feels are better.

The Schneiderlin rumours are very strong. If true, I assume short-term replacement for Gueye (AFCON), long-term for Barry. I assume he wants DMs who not only get about the pitch but have attacking dimension in the top third. There are numerous links with playmakers or attackers who could play 'close to Lukaku'. If one or two come in I assume Barkleys place is in doubt.

Last edited:

...I'm not disagreeing Joey, I'm just trying to look at the reality. Saying that, it's only an assumption. I'm assuming RK isn't happy with Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lennon or McCarthy to name a few. He clearly can't get rid of them all immediately but I assume he plans to bring in players he feels are better.

The Schneiderlin rumours are very strong. If true, I assume short-term replacement for Gueye (AFCON), long-term for Barry. I assume he wants DMs who not only get about the pitch but have attacking dimension in the top third. There are numerous links with playmakers or attackers who could play 'close to Lukaku'. If one or two come in I assume Barkleys place is in doubt.
Close to Lukaku he will have to move then lol
He's too good for us according to RK!

Here's the thing though mate, who says the manager doesn't rate him?

Of all the players in the team he us the one he's commented on most, he's a few months into imo a strategy to get him to the level he should be at.

The lads 23 now he isn't a kid , maybe tough loves what he needed to get the player inside to show itself, for way too long he has had smoke blown up his hoop, by the media, by fans, excuses made on why he hasn't become that complete player, from moyes not liking kids, to Martinez indulging him, from excusing weak parts of his game due to mental scars over his leg break.

Seems what Kidman is doing is simply saying no excuses anymore, you play football and show people or you'll not play.

The derby will show if what we saw on Tuesday was Ross finally getting the message - Tuesday was the first time I saw him truly embrace the crowd and grow in a game to anywhere that extent.

Here's the thing though mate, who says the manager doesn't rate him?

Of all the players in the team he us the one he's commented on most, he's a few months into imo a strategy to get him to the level he should be at.

The lads 23 now he isn't a kid , maybe tough loves what he needed to get the player inside to show itself, for way too long he has had smoke blown up his hoop, by the media, by fans, excuses made on why he hasn't become that complete player, from moyes not liking kids, to Martinez indulging him, from excusing weak parts of his game due to mental scars over his leg break.

Seems what Kidman is doing is simply saying no excuses anymore, you play football and show people or you'll not play.

The derby will show if what we saw on Tuesday was Ross finally getting the message - Tuesday was the first time I saw him truly embrace the crowd and grow in a game to anywhere that extent.
Hope our manager is not a kidderlol

Hope our manager is not a kidderlol

bloody autocorrect on my phone whilst typing in -15 temp mate lol

On a serious note though, Koeman has basically played Ross in arguably the pivotal game of the season last tuesday, played the full 90 and seemd t shape the centre mid to see if Ross could do that role with the team shaped to accomodate him - arguably for the first time, and yano what - he took the game by the scruff of the neck

He will i am certain start the derby as well in a similar role, and today Koeman has basically said to him, show me your the player you can be and go earn a new contract.

Maybe the bubble about being an Evertonian, safe in his spot, the new saviour elect that was built around him in large part by all us lot for the past 5-6 years with help from nobhead pundits lauding him as the best of a generation etc needed to be burst before he could actually become a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back