Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh it's one of those forgivable factual inaccuracies. Hodgson in fairness, is doing it for the right reasons o think. He's trying to demonstrate his unwavering faith in Ross so he begins to feel comfortable at international level, which hasn't always been the case. So he bends the truth a bit to make him feel a little bit better about his inclusion. They've clearly recognised his slight performance anxiety and are trying to manage it right. Barkley with confidence in his own ability is Barkley on steds so you can see why he would.
Tbf I was quite impressed that Hodgson didn't drop Ross when he was going through his really rough patch and think being called up then and playing in a different team was good for him.

Some people just turn up at a game to moan!

As many have said, we have to focus on what he can do rather than what he can't do. He will always make mistakes but he is a real talent, if he showed a little more composure in front of goal he would be unstoppable. We have got some top class youth in our team, we have to push for CL this season because if we don't we all know what will happen next summer.
Lads Kevin Sheedy was routinely slagged off in the mid 80s because he couldn't tackle!!!! People say daft things at the footy!

I thought he looked very good last night, but every time i watch him i always feel he has another 20% in him. I dont know if it is his relaxed style or his ability allows him to coast through games.
Agreed on this H. He defo has other levels to reach, just hope experience and confidence will enable him to get there because if he does then wow. We got another world class local blue on our hands but a better chance of keeping him.

It could turn out that he will always be inconsistent like. I'd take that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back