Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is class and will improve as times goes on

He has everything in his game, albeit a few rough edges.

And to think we had a section of our crowd that was constantly on his back last season

When he has gone that's when the uneducated will miss him
Some people just turn up at a game to moan!

As many have said, we have to focus on what he can do rather than what he can't do. He will always make mistakes but he is a real talent, if he showed a little more composure in front of goal he would be unstoppable. We have got some top class youth in our team, we have to push for CL this season because if we don't we all know what will happen next summer.

In the words of Roberto, he is unique.
How can you have the feet of a ballerina and the build of a heavyweight boxer.
Scared to think how good he could be.

dont get Wright and the other pundits, he could have done this bettter, he could have done that better, dont they realise that courage Barkley shows in trying stuff will truly make him world class, thats what makes him different

No they don't. English football has never really tolerated that kind of talent. No idea how to handle it.

It
No they don't. English football has never really tolerated that kind of talent. No idea how to handle it.
one of the reasons I don't dislike Hoddle commentating. He really recognises his talents and is pretty honest in his criticism and appraisal of Barkley.
One line stood out, when Barkley made that sloppy pass across field that got intercepted and Hoddle said he hoped it didn't affect his confidence as we all know what a player he can be.

It

one of the reasons I don't dislike Hoddle commentating. He really recognises his talents and is pretty honest in his criticism and appraisal of Barkley.
One line stood out, when Barkley made that sloppy pass across field that got intercepted and Hoddle said he hoped it didn't affect his confidence as we all know what a player he can be.
Hoddle got treated the same way, glenn hoddle has less caps than phil neville, everyone needs to stop and think about that for a moment

Think the bolded bit is a bit cheeky of Hodgson - there were only two league games last season that Ross didn't play in when fit, he started 22 and was a sub in 7 so not quite sure how being an unused sub less than 7% of the time translates into "quite often not been in the Eveton team".

http://m.fifa.com/world-match-centre/uefaeuroqualifiers/news/newsid/271/065/0/index.html
England manager Roy Hodgson heralded Ross Barkley's improving form after the Everton playmaker was named man of the match following a 2-0 win over Estonia in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying. Barkley created Theo Walcott's 45th-minute opener in Friday's Group E game at Wembley with a beautifully weighted pass and went close to adding a second with a couple of mazy runs and shots before Raheem Sterling got on the score-sheet late on.

Blooded by Hodgson in the run-up to the 2014 World Cup, Barkley experienced a dip in form last season, but the 21-year-old has made a positive start to the new campaign and the England manger was enthused by his latest display.
"I'm pleased Ross got man of the match. We saw what he can do today (Friday)," Hodgson said. "Like all his managers, I had to work hard on his decision-making as to when he struts his stuff, which is fantastic, and when he plays it more simply. But that's a coach's job with a very talented young player with lots of ability, (teaching him about) using that ability in the right moments.

"I'm quite proud of the fact Ross Barkley has been in the national team for over two years, when he's quite often not been in the Everton team. That shows the faith I have in him. Things don't change overnight. It doesn't sink in overnight. He works at it. I'm sure (Everton manager) Roberto Martinez is working with him, talking to him, and giving him the same instructions. He's learning the lessons, not least by playing at the highest level with Everton and England."

Think the bolded bit is a bit cheeky of Hodgson - there were only two league games last season that Ross didn't play in when fit, he started 22 and was a sub in 7 so not quite sure how being an unused sub less than 7% of the time translates into "quite often not been in the Eveton team".

http://m.fifa.com/world-match-centre/uefaeuroqualifiers/news/newsid/271/065/0/index.html
England manager Roy Hodgson heralded Ross Barkley's improving form after the Everton playmaker was named man of the match following a 2-0 win over Estonia in UEFA EURO 2016 qualifying. Barkley created Theo Walcott's 45th-minute opener in Friday's Group E game at Wembley with a beautifully weighted pass and went close to adding a second with a couple of mazy runs and shots before Raheem Sterling got on the score-sheet late on.

Blooded by Hodgson in the run-up to the 2014 World Cup, Barkley experienced a dip in form last season, but the 21-year-old has made a positive start to the new campaign and the England manger was enthused by his latest display.
"I'm pleased Ross got man of the match. We saw what he can do today (Friday)," Hodgson said. "Like all his managers, I had to work hard on his decision-making as to when he struts his stuff, which is fantastic, and when he plays it more simply. But that's a coach's job with a very talented young player with lots of ability, (teaching him about) using that ability in the right moments.

"I'm quite proud of the fact Ross Barkley has been in the national team for over two years, when he's quite often not been in the Everton team. That shows the faith I have in him. Things don't change overnight. It doesn't sink in overnight. He works at it. I'm sure (Everton manager) Roberto Martinez is working with him, talking to him, and giving him the same instructions. He's learning the lessons, not least by playing at the highest level with Everton and England."
Thanks Woy for bringing his game on,we are eternally grateful.

Meh it's one of those forgivable factual inaccuracies. Hodgson in fairness, is doing it for the right reasons o think. He's trying to demonstrate his unwavering faith in Ross so he begins to feel comfortable at international level, which hasn't always been the case. So he bends the truth a bit to make him feel a little bit better about his inclusion. They've clearly recognised his slight performance anxiety and are trying to manage it right. Barkley with confidence in his own ability is Barkley on steds so you can see why he would.

Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back