Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact of the matter is, our midfield is looking very balanced, and Ross is playing better than he ever has at this level.

I'm not overly sensitive at all, I've just noticed your obsession with Barkley, Macca and Barry. Apparently, the gaffer has been getting it all wrong......

I'm not the only one to have noticed it. Clearly @mkrudden has noticed it too.

How is this a fact? We're in 7th currently yet people are going on like we're top of the league. We are playing alright, great at times, ok at others and this is reflected in the league table. A good number of our points have come when our midfield has been substituted so I don't see how we've got a great balance. We've gone behind in a lot of games and continue to struggle to break poor teams down. Barkley, Lukaku, Jagielka, Deulofeu, Galloway and Stones are all in top form some of the best in the league, so why are we 7th?

For me the midfield pairing and our keeper are the two biggest areas of weakness in our team, of course I'm going to bring them up as ultimately the entire forum is people expressing opinions on how to improve Everton.

The line 'I guess the gaffer has been getting it wrong' is ridiculous because that would imply just being a football manager is enough to never be questioned at all. Do none of them make mistakes? Why are some better than others? They do get it wrong and I think this is one area Martinez continues to get wrong in my opinion. Does that mean I know more than Martinez about football? No. Do I have to to give an opinion on the problems in a team that finished 12th last year? No.

Looks Sternly
Ross-Barkley--014.webp

How is this a fact? We're in 7th currently yet people are going on like we're top of the league. We are playing alright, great at times, ok at others and this is reflected in the league table. A good number of our points have come when our midfield has been substituted so I don't see how we've got a great balance. We've gone behind in a lot of games and continue to struggle to break poor teams down. Barkley, Lukaku, Jagielka, Deulofeu, Galloway and Stones are all in top form some of the best in the league, so why are we 7th?

For me the midfield pairing and our keeper are the two biggest areas of weakness in our team, of course I'm going to bring them up as ultimately the entire forum is people expressing opinions on how to improve Everton.

The line 'I guess the gaffer has been getting it wrong' is ridiculous because that would imply just being a football manager is enough to never be questioned at all. Do none of them make mistakes? Why are some better than others? They do get it wrong and I think this is one area Martinez continues to get wrong in my opinion. Does that mean I know more than Martinez about football? No. Do I have to to give an opinion on the problems in a team that finished 12th last year? No.

We are in 7th because it's a very strong league. Any one team can beat any other team, home or away, on their day. Ask Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc.

Any one team except Newcastle or Sunderland I guess....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back