Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty of Ross Barkley is we just don't know what he is going to do when he is on the ball. Opposition players just don't have a clue which way he is going to go. He is also learning how to deal with tight marking

Both hugely overrated players who have nothing to their game but passing sideways and having an angry face. MCCarthy has a bit of pace, and Fellaini could bring down a high ball well but we over paid hugely for both of them.

As this thread is about Ross, neither of the two above are able to touch him in terms of ability. Ross is our best midfielder by far and shouldn't be shunted around the pitch to accommodate significantly inferior players like McCarthy and Barry.

How can you say we over payed for Fellaini when we went on to make an approx. £10M profit on him? You can opine that he was an overrated player but the basic economic facts are that we did not overpay.

You're really on one lately mate.
Plus you keep coming out with this drivel.

Different positions need different talents, and McCarthy is an excellent ball winner, covers ground quickly and effectively, keeps good discipline positionally.

He can't do some of the things that Barkley does. Yes.
Barkley can't do some of the things McCarthy does.

Answer: play them both and stop comparing them.
And have a brew.

Yep, agenda. Shoehorns this tripe in wherever he can, as it's all he has left to bash Roberto with. You're not alone in noticing it mate.

How can you say we over payed for Fellaini when we went on to make an approx. £10M profit on him? You can opine that he was an overrated player but the basic economic facts are that we did not overpay.

I think Moyes overpaid twice for him. I know prices have gone up hugely now but 15 million when we bought Fellaini was a lot of money. He just didn't deliver for that sort of outlay.

Yep, agenda. Shoehorns this tripe in wherever he can, as it's all he has left to bash Roberto with. You're not alone in noticing it mate.

I'm not bashing Roberto, one of the players I mentioned wasn't even bought by him so how is that his fault? Martinez has many strengths and weaknesses, one of those weaknesses in my opinion is the continued selection regardless of opposition of Barry and McCarthy. Pointing that out does not mean I have an agenda. Some people are so overly sensitive.

I think Moyes overpaid twice for him. I know prices have gone up hugely now but 15 million when we bought Fellaini was a lot of money. He just didn't deliver for that sort of outlay.
he did and regularly topped the stats for the position he played in, top player for us, who left without being a tit, was also utds best player last season when van gaal had the balls to use him, consistently gets picked for a very very good Belgium side

Beauty of Ross Barkley is we just don't know what he is going to do when he is on the ball. Opposition players just don't have a clue which way he is going to go. He is also learning how to deal with tight marking
His quick feet in tight situations gets him out of some tricky places.

I'd like to see him get a bit more aggressive and shoulder barge people out the way a bit more too.

I'm not bashing Roberto, one of the players I mentioned wasn't even bought by him so how is that his fault? Martinez has many strengths and weaknesses, one of those weaknesses in my opinion is the continued selection regardless of opposition of Barry and McCarthy. Pointing that out does not mean I have an agenda. Some people are so overly sensitive.

The fact of the matter is, our midfield is looking very balanced, and Ross is playing better than he ever has at this level.

I'm not overly sensitive at all, I've just noticed your obsession with Barkley, Macca and Barry. Apparently, the gaffer has been getting it all wrong......

I'm not the only one to have noticed it. Clearly @mkrudden has noticed it too.

and so you shouldn't. The man is putting us back on the map and building from the ground upwards with regards to academies and structure. He is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back