2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
And both were offered lucrative contracts by the club. The club is very much in the up, players are signing citing the influence of koeman as an attraction to come to the club, but Rom and Ross don't want to be part of that. How is that koeman's fault.

Rom isn't, Ross could be argued to be though. Koeman has either not sold the project well to our top players, or he's abrasive and gets the back up of certain players.

It's probably the latter.

Anyhoos, hope we get £35m+ for him so the stupid money we're splashing on an inferior replacement in Sigurdsson doesn't hurt as much.

Never said he was mate.

Just pointing out that we want rid of a player who is according to them " a bad influence on other players " with someone who refused to fly away with his team to preseason games.

Its rather funny.

Again your blaming the club it's Barkley who wants to leave, doesn't deserve the shirt on his back, or his locker. To be fair hated Rooney for going to Man United all those years ago, but grudgingly I could see why, we were going nowhere, the team was poor, we were skint and relegation fodder, United where the biggest team in the premier.

Today Everton are a team on the up, New ground on the docks on the horizon, billionaire owner. Who on here would leave Everton, if they were a life long blue right now.
Could understand Rooney, but Barkley is a rat as far as I'm concerned, a selfish rat.

Rom isn't, Ross could be argued to be though. Koeman has either not sold the project well to our top players, or he's abrasive and gets the back up of certain players.

It's probably the latter.

Anyhoos, hope we get £35m+ for him so the stupid money we're splashing on an inferior replacement in Sigurdsson doesn't hurt as much.

To abrasive ? Good! All the top managers are . Ferguson , Jose , pep etc . If being abrasive weeds out the mentally weak or lazy pleyers Etc I'm all for it.

Some of you would find a way to stick up for Ronk even if he was sleeping with your wife.

Bloke has achieved nothing here except bog standard footy and a few signings from Ajax and Aston Villa (woohoo!) yet Big Ron can do no wrong.

You're getting like the RS - bigging up a manager who has won nowt with us.

Ross wants to leave because he is ambitious and you're all slating him for that?!

Ooof! Have that. I think Ron's improved us. League table rarely lies, ditto goals for and against columns. I'd dearly love a cup run though.

I do agree with you on Ross though and don't get why we have to diss people who've done well here with Everton. Ross's Everton born and raised, and an England player. He's been good for us more often than he's been frustrating. And Ron gave him a chance to improve which he did after stalling under RM.

Dragging this out as he has suggests he's unsure of his best move and that's a bit of a shame - bit like his final ball on a bad day! Seems like a bit of a spin of the wheel from him and I hope he enjoys himself wherever he goes.

Given our volume of games it's a surprise though, especially as we're in Europe, too. Sort of looks to me that new signings and existing guys like Klaasen, Gueye, Rooney, Schneids, Davies and possibly Sigs has spooked him. But I wish him well if he finds CL football - makes no odds to Everton.

Chin up Ross!

To abrasive ? Good! All the top managers are . Ferguson , Jose , pep etc . If being abrasive weeds out the mentally weak or lazy pleyers Etc I'm all for it.

Aye generally agree, but there's a fine line between demanding a winning mentality and simply being a tit.

I'm not sure what side of that line Koeman is actually on. His ridiculous ego at times shines through and goes beyond simply being a winner in my eyes, and I say that as a general fan of his.

Again your blaming the club it's Barkley who wants to leave, doesn't deserve the shirt on his back, or his locker. To be fair hated Rooney for going to Man United all those years ago, but grudgingly I could see why, we were going nowhere, the team was poor, we were skint and relegation fodder, United where the biggest team in the premier.

Today Everton are a team on the up, New ground on the docks on the horizon, billionaire owner. Who on here would leave Everton, if they were a life long blue right now.
Could understand Rooney, but Barkley is a rat as far as I'm concerned, a selfish rat.

Could be leaving as he does'nt get on with Koeman, some people just can't work together.

Not saying thats the case but its a possibility.

No doubt the Swansea fans think the same of Sigurdsson but we will welcome him with open arms.

Aye generally agree, but there's a fine line between demanding a winning mentality and simply being a tit.

I'm not sure what side of that line Koeman is actually on. His ridiculous ego at times shines through and goes beyond simply being a winner in my eyes, and I say that as a general fan of his.

I subscribe to the viewpoint that he wants out cause he gets worked hard, and would rather have a manager with a soft touch like Martinez.

As for being a tit, no idea - none of us do, don't think he's throwing chips at him in the canteen every lunch break like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back