2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, according to that ugly beaut southgate, last season, being on chelseas bench meant more than being the main midfielder in the 7th best team
And they wonder why they have no creativity in midfield whatsoever. Only Barkley and Wilshere have got a bit of flair about them in central/attacking midfield.

Don’t really blame him for wanting to leave. I wish him well when he does.

Roscoe? Is that you??

giphy.gif

I still think Koeman was driving Ross out of the club. The truth will come out one day (like Niasse) and then I believe we will find the real reason why Ross wanted to go - and it's gonna be because of Koeman.

I for one would welcome back our premadonna - he is on his day a class, class footballer and Everton need him to be in the first team and pulling the strings like we know he can and have seen him do.

What's confusing now is how Bollassie has jumped ahead of him on the fitness front only two weeks ago it was stated Ross was near returning than Bollassie, and Coleman ?
Ross has been out almost 3 months!?

By 1 goal.

Koeman had a striker who matured and also a midfielder who matured while Martinez was giving them their 1st/2nd full seasons

We also spread goals around the team under Martinez as Rom and Barkley developed.

Koeman spent £200mill to "spread goals"

Bobby inherited a decent squad that had a very good defence and team spirit...

If we had a fit Barkley there'd be no crisis here. We'd have some potency and a player capable of carrying the ball to the opposition's 18 yard box and making things happen. Instead we have players receiving the ball in midfield and freezing like rabbits caught in headlights and getting shut of the ball...usually to the other team.

Bobby inherited a decent squad that had a very good defence and team spirit...

Martinez inherited an aging squad that was, similar to the team Ferguson left for Moyes, on its last legs and needing a complete overhaul, the majority of which was it's defence and the the core of the team.

Howard, Mucha, Coleman, Hibbert, Baines, Oviedo, Jagielka, Distin, Stones, Duffy, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Gibson, Naismith, Barkley, Mirallas, Gueye (the other 1), Anichebe, Jelavic, McAleny

That was the squad Moyes left us with.

Moyes knew this and didn't fancy another 5 year cycle of trying to rebuild another team on a budget, and this is also the reason why we went for Martinez in the 1st instance. A manager who was used to working on a small budget, who wouldn't rock the boat.

As for team spirit, we are talking about a team that got rolled over and embarrassed 3-0 at home in a winnable FA cup Quarter Final to Martinez own Wigan side. A team that had no bottle in big games and were frequently sent out with drawing as a primary objective. A team that routinely surrended when any game of importance cropped up.

Criticise how the Martinez era ended all you like, but don't rewrite history and tell me that everything he did achieve initially was also solely down to Moyes, because it's not true and it's not fair.

The logic in here often seems to be that Martinez only achieved his 1st year success because of Moyes, and year 2 and 3 were the real Martinez.

But somehow, Koemans 1st year showed how good a manager he was, and it was a miracle given what he took over, while his 2nd year is somehow because of Martinez again?

The hatred and delusion towards Martinez is on another level. It is verging on the impossible.

Martinez inherited an aging squad that was, similar to the team Ferguson left for Moyes, on its last legs and needing a complete overhaul, the majority of which was it's defence and the the core of the team.

Howard, Mucha, Coleman, Hibbert, Baines, Oviedo, Jagielka, Distin, Stones, Duffy, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Gibson, Naismith, Barkley, Mirallas, Gueye (the other 1), Anichebe, Jelavic, McAleny

Moyes knew this and didn't fancy another 5 year cycle of trying to rebuild another team on a budget, and this is also the reason why we went for Martinez in the 1st instance. A manager who was used to working on a small budget, who wouldn't rock the boat.

As for team spirit, we are talking about a team that got rolled over and embarrassed 3-0 at home in a winnable FA cup Quarter Final to Martinez own Wigan side. A team that had no bottle in big games and were frequently sent out with drawing as a primary objective. A team that routinely surrended when any game of importance cropped up.

Criticise how the Martinez era ended all you like, but don't rewrite history and tell me that everything he did achieve initially was also solely down to Moyes, because it's not true and it's not fair.

The logic in here often seems to be that Martinez only achieved his 1st year success because of Moyes, and year 2 and 3 were the real Martinez.

But somehow, Koemans 1st year showed how good a manager he was, and it was a miracle given what he took over, while his 2nd year is somehow because of Martinez again?

The hatred and delusion towards Martinez is on another level. It is verging on the impossible.

i can't believe anyone can can look at Martinez and defend him. The longer he has with a team the worse they get. And talks out of his hoop after games . He made us a laughing stock and the players wernt fit enough to play 90 minutes. How can a team not be fit enough and that be acceptable

i can't believe anyone can can look at Martinez and defend him. The longer he has with a team the worse they get. And talks out of his hoop after games . He made us a laughing stock and the players wernt fit enough to play 90 minutes. How can a team not be fit enough and that be acceptable

You prove my point spectacularly.

Cheers

No way this hamstring taking this long. The sooner the club comes clean about this situation the better. This lad could have recovered from a broken leg the time this hamstring has taken

I think the fitness and defensive drills of moyes certainly helped Martinez be so successful in his first season, and they seemed to get less fit and less organised as time went on,

I think had Martinez had a defender as his assistant rather than a crap striker, they would have made the perfect combo

Status
Not open for further replies.