2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet many footballers google their names. If Barkley is as sensitive as people have indicated (and that ht video clip suggests) some of the what’s been spouted on here and other websites would have got to him.
Ultimately the money not there, the fans are in his back every time he tries something that doesn’t come off, calling him all sorts over the Internet - why would he stay? It’s hardly home sweet home.

Tierry Henry commented before the Man Utd game that lukaku never felt appreciated by everton fans. He got dogs abuse on here despite his scoring record.

It’s a tough crowd these day and people are concerned about the things that player can’t do rather than recognising the strengths.

Lukaku and Barkley wd improve this side 100%

That will be the case at any club. I agree fans got on Barkley's back too much and he does seem sensitive to it, but if he's going to reach his potential he has to learn to deal with it. Masses of talent, but mental toughness can make mediocre footballers achieve where someone like Barkley could fail short. It may not be his fault, though, if that's the way his mind works. I'd be inclined to give him break, but that's not how football crowds - or highly paid, professional sport - works. IMHO

“Hey Ross. What you get up to last night?”

“Just sat in my pants googling my name mate”.

Is it any sadder then us chatting sh1t about it on a forum on Saturday night.
No ones claiming all footballers spend all day and night doing it... but maybe at some point during the week I bet many do.

i'm afraid the lad is being kept away from the 1st team, he would have definately been back in light or non contact training by now. Thought when koeman left he would have a change of heart, we can still hope i guess

He means former Newcastle and Chile legend, Clarence Acuna.
_39450616_acuna_emp203.jpg

Never at any time were we in relegation trouble under RM for all his faults - koeman has ruined our club and how Walsh was not fired too was bemusing its a sad part of our history that all that money spent we are becoming the ridicule of most journolist - You let koeman on the highest wages for a blues Manager off very lightly in that post there imo!

Mate I was screaming for him to go by the end... he was not arsed in the slightest about us... bobby would have taken us down within two years if he stayed . Lukaku would have left regardless and RM wouldn't have replaced him and he would have signed another load of crap defenders and ask them to play like bekenbaur.. the squad still wouldn't be doing fitness work of practising defending and attacking corners and players of the same level of mgeady would have been signed. He was turning us into a championship standard team. His team without lukaku was just as bad as the current one IMO.

I can’t get my head round any Evertonian playing for Everton and wanting to play anywhere else Mr AT. However I do empathise with the scrutiny Barkley has received from his own. I imagine that would hurt me a lot too. If he played over the park he would be lauded and supported, which is the environment Barkley needs.

Mate he's had every environment possible... and he can't handle any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.