2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean apart from the 8-10 man of the match perfomances last season ??!!

or his dismantal of Newcastle a few times, and QPR & West Ham....and his games against City i the Semi, and the RS at goodison....

If making stuff up makes you feel better about us losing him, then good for you.

Of course he's had good games and good moments but it's not been enough, and overall he just hasn't achieved the potential we all thought he would.

RB has raised Everton's profile more positively than Moshiri has that is for sure. The former has given over 15 years to the club and produced some great football and now we get cash for him too. Moshiri has overseen an utter disaster at this club.

I'll say that again because it is 100% the case:

MOSHIRI HAS OVERSEEN AN UTTER DISASTER AT THIS CLUB.

Anyone rationally weighing up the relative value and positive input into this club of those two men cant fail to arrive at that conclusion.

I dont see what an opinion on Moshiri has to do with Ross conspiring with Chelsea to swindle Everton out of 20 mill mate.

I think I effectively mentioned the club could have handled it better too. But not to worry.
Always respect your views Dave, but here I'm struggling to see why there's not even a passing acknowledgement from you that Barkley has had his boyhood club over in the playing out of this saga.
Yeah its all the clubs fault honest. Nothing to do with Ross and his advisors.

If Barkley wanted to maximize his profit and minimize Everton's compensation he could have hung on to the summer.

But let's put it this way: that's £15M more than Moshiri will ever hand over to Everton and never see back.

some serious questions need answering
Like what? By whom?

I think, in this case, we've answered the questions as a club.

Ross was offered several deals. He turned them down. For whatever reason, that's entirely his prerogative.

It leaves a sour taste in the mouth for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact he's cost us £20m by turning down the move in the summer.

It's a massive shame because we're losing a quality player, though that injury could see him come back half the player he was because if that hammy gets pushed too far too soon, he's done.

He clearly wanted to go though and if a deal worth well over £150k p/wk wasn't enough to get him to do so, then that's that. At least it hasn't dragged on in this window.

All anyone can do in measuring the performance of an owner is to look at where they are on and off the pitch vis-a-vis where the club was before they arrived.

We are a shell of a football team now compared to when he arrived. The squad is much weaker. The stadium situation is still an abstraction. The commercial performance of the club is still a disgrace. The same inept people populate positions of power at the club. The status of Everton as an organisation is at its lowest ebb since the late 90s.

He has failed miserably.

Totally agree on the squad we look weak in all areas and the fanfare of marquee signings seem light years away.
Bitten off more than he can chew and under estimated Kenwrights regime.
Was Kenwright a genius for keeping the whole thing a float for so long or is it his fault that the club has no longer has any substance who knows.

If Barkley wanted to maximize his profit and minimize Everton's compensation he could have hung on to the summer.

But let's put it this way: that's £15M more than Moshiri will ever hand over to Everton and never see back.

Weird this, Dave.

You're still refusing to accept - despite the numerous facts to the contrary - that Moshiri has put money into the club.

Regardless, this thread is about our soon to be ex star player.

One who could have become a real stalwart at the club but instead has moved on. And he's done so in a way that whatever way you look at it has cost the club around £25m in fees and wages in six months, all while not kicking a ball.

I dont see what an opinion on Moshiri has to do with Ross conspiring with Chelsea to swindle Everton out of 20 mill mate.
He's given Everton more than £20M worth of service in 15 years.

I hope all our players "conspire" against us like that.

Weird this, Dave.

You're still refusing to accept - despite the numerous facts to the contrary - that Moshiri has put money into the club.

Regardless, this thread is about our soon to be ex star player.

One who could have become a real stalwart at the club but instead has moved on. And he's done so in a way that whatever way you look at it has cost the club around £25m in fees and wages in six months, all while not kicking a ball.
He's paid out for shares and eventually more shares via securing a debt. WTF else is there that he's done?

If he gets the stadium built he'll be handing this club a debt well in excess of half a billion pound to pay for it. That's your "Mosh's" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.