Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16 Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Unfortunately we came across a superior opponent and we got tactically outclassed today. That's pretty much all it boils down to. For 2026, we need to find a new manager, a world class no.9 and also 1 or 2 more goal-scoring talents.

On the balance of things, most Americans have barely paid attention to our team this WC and soccer is like the 5th most popular sport in this country. I almost feel bad sometimes for beating teams who actually put their blood and soul into this sport. With all things considered, I hope things change for 2026. If 2026 is not going to change the soccer landscape in America, then absolutely nothing will. It will always be a niche sport here.

Unfortunately we came across a superior opponent and we got tactically outclassed today. That's pretty much all it boils down to. For 2026, we need to find a new manager, a world class no.9 and also 1 or 2 more goal-scoring talents.

On the balance of things, most Americans have barely paid attention to our team this WC and soccer is like the 5th most popular sport in this country. I almost feel bad sometimes for beating teams who actually put their blood and soul into this sport. With all things considered, I hope things change for 2026. If 2026 is not going to change the soccer landscape in America, then absolutely nothing will. It will always be a niche sport here.

With the greatest respect, where is a world class number 9 going to just pop up from in the USA?

Close to 60% of Dutch folk don't believe in a higher power, do you think that played a role in the result?

Were the US too god-fearing rather than focusing on good defence?

How did praying to a made up God work out for y'all?

With the greatest respect, where is a world class number 9 going to just pop up from in the USA?
Poland have produced Lewandowski and they are a very weak team. Norway produced Haaland, and they are even worse and probably will never play in the WC. USA can easily produce a world class no.9. Not to mention, our expats and military men are either living in Europe and many of them had kids with European women, so it's not far-fetched for a European born world class talent to represent America in few years. We already have Dest, Musah and Robinson that fit the bill. I pretty much fit this bill.

Poland have produced Lewandowski and they are a very weak team. Norway produced Haaland, and they are even worse and probably will never play in the WC. USA can easily produce a world class no.9. Not to mention, our expats and military men are either living in Europe and many of them had kids with European women, so it's not far-fetched for a European born world class talent to represent America in few years. We already have Dest, Musah and Robinson that fit the bill. I pretty much fit this bill.

What position do you play mate?

I worship you. Truly a cut above beyond mere mortals....

cxw3Ad2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back