Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain don't impress me... I still maintain that the only reason they won the 2010 WC in South Africa was because of those ANNOYING vuvuzela horns!

All the other teams were distracted by them.
I still think France will get to the final from this half. I think I've reached "grumpy old man" status now, though, because no one side in this tournament has impressed me.

I don't think the standard is all that. Hence, England are well in with a chance.

I actually feel like Georgia would utterly destroy England
If they had a goal start like Slovakia had, they would definitely have carried a serious threat. But I think England would have found a way to win, whether by design or by pure unadulterated luck which Sir Gareth appears to have bottled.

They literally were.

An overhead kick with the last kick of the game prevented him from losing to Slovakia in a last 16 game, that’s not great management, that’s luck. He’s had ridiculous luck in every tournament he’s been in. He’s a godawful manager and you only have to watch us play to see that.
In the end of the day result is all that matter (especially in tournaments), you got individual class so there is (very) good chance for you to scrape to final considering your biggest obstacles are Switzerland and probably Netherlands or Austria.

In the end of the day result is all that matter (especially in tournaments), you got individual class so there is (very) good chance for you to scrape to final considering your biggest obstacles are Switzerland and probably Netherlands or Austria.

That’s what I mean though. A combination of luck of the draw and having match winning players could carry us through the tournament, but we are clearly a very badly coached and dysfunctional football team. That’s the measure of a manager, not how often he can get bailed out by an individual moment of brilliance and how often the draw can fall perfectly for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back